Each lead and shoot can be assigned a Status. Statuses are a great way to organize your leads and shoots. We suggest using statuses as a way to create a linear progression for your leads and shoots so you can track your clients as they move through your workflow.
For example, you may use the following statuses to track a lead as they progress:
- First Reply Sent
- Follow Up Sent
- Consultation Booked
- On Hold
To customize your statuses, go to Settings > Automation > Customizable Lists and click edit on the "Lead Statuses" or "Shoot Statuses" section. Here, you can edit and re-arrange (click-and-drag) existing statuses or add new ones.
Each status has:
- A name, which is how you'll reference it on a lead or shoot.
- A color which will be displayed on a lead or shoot for organization at-a-glance.
Initial default statuses for leads and shoots
When you add a lead in Sprout (either manually or through a contact form), the status of that lead will always be initially set to "New", which is a system status created by Sprout.
When you add a shoot in Sprout (either manually or via booking a lead), the status of that shoot will always be initially set to "Booked," which is a system status created by Sprout.
How to change the status of a lead or shoot
There are three ways to change the status of a lead or shoot:
- Go to the Lead or Shoot > Overview page and click the "Status" dropdown at the top of the page.
- Go to the Lead or Shoot List page and click the "Status" dropdown.
- A workflow can change a status of a lead or shoot as one of the steps (i.e. 5 days after inquiry, set status to "Follow-Up").