An Order is used to bill a client for a collection of items (packages, products, services, print items or digital files) and specify how (and when) they are to pay you.
An order can either be unattached or specifically attached to a:
How to manually create an order
There are two ways to create an order:
- Go to the Lead or Shoot > Orders & Quotes page and click the "Add Order" button at the top of the page.
- Go to the Overview > Orders & Quotes page and click the "Add Order" button at the top of the page.
When creating the order, you can specify:
- Order items - You must first choose a price list, and then add items by clicking the "Add Item" button. The subtotal will be calculated as the sum of the items in the order. You can override the price by clicking the "Edit" icon next to the subtotal.
- Internal note - A note for your reference, viewable only by you.
- External note - A note for your client's reference, viewable at the bottom of the order.
- Tax - You can choose what tax will be calculated on top of the order contents. Your default tax specified in Settings > Setup > Preferences will be chosen by default. The tax can be distributed on each invoice, evenly, or added to the final invoice. You can specify how you’d like to do your accounting in Settings > Setup > Preferences.
- Currency - You can choose which currency this order will be created in.
- Attached to - You can optionally choose which lead or shoot this order is attached to.
- Include on account statement - You can specify whether this order is shown on the account statement for this lead or shoot.
- Billing and shipping contact - You can optionally choose who the billing and shipping contact is for this order.
- Shipping method - You can optionally choose a shipping method for this order, which will be added to the price of the order if applicable. You can manage your shipping settings in Settings > Pricing & Booking > Shipping Options.
- Payments already received - You can retroactively add payments you've already received to an order.
- Payment schedule - You can specify a payment schedule for the order. A payment schedule outlines how much is due and when it's due. By default, the "Single Payment" toggle is on, which means the default due date for the entire order is in 30 days.
Once you are ready to create the order, click the "Create" button, which will publish the order, create its invoices and make their URLs available to be viewed. Once the order is created, you can no longer edit the details of the order.
How to edit an order once it's been created
To edit the order after it's been created, click the "Modify Order" button, edit the order, and the click the "Create" button again to re-publish it.
What's the difference between an invoice and an order?
An order can have several Invoices. An invoice is created for each line in your payment schedule. For example, let's say you had the following payment schedule:
- $1500 due at the time of booking
- 50% of the balance due the month before the shoot date
- Remaining balance due the month after the shoot date
For this order, you would have three invoices created, each corresponding to the appropriate amount and due date based on the payment schedule.
How to send an invoice to your client
There are three ways to send an invoice to your client:
- Click the "View Link" button next to the invoice you'd like to send and copy the link.
- Click the "Email Invoice" button next to the invoice you'd like to send. This will choose the most appropriate automatic email to send, and send it.
- If the order is attached to a lead or shoot, you can choose the order from the "Orders" variable dropdown in the "Compose Email" modal.
How to turn an order into a quote, or a quote into an order
You can turn an order into a quote by opening an order and enabling the "Quote" toggle in the top-right corner of the page. Conversely, you can turn a quote into an order by disabling the "Quote" toggle in the top-right corner of the page.
When an order is automatically created
Although you can manually add an order for anything, it's important to note that an order will be automatically created when:
- A client signs a booking proposal. The order for the package they chose with the payment schedule you chose will be created and attached to that shoot.
- Someone puts an order through in a gallery or sales gallery.