Where a person is a ROR he/she is required to file his/her income tax return if the person has any kind of foreign assets.

The reporting in this regard would be as follows:

1. Details of foreign assets and income from any source outside India –

Schedule FA of the relevant Income Tax Return (ITR)

2. Details of Income from outside India (only in the case of resident and ordinarily resident) – Schedule FSI of the relevant ITR

Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. None of the contents of this article should be treated as advice.

Did this answer your question?