Turn any TV/Monitor with an HDMI socket into a powerful Digital Interface using a StoriiCare Signage Box!
To purchase a StoriiCare Signage Box please email email@example.com for pricing and details.
Signage Box Setup
1. Ensure your StoriiCare Signage Box is plugged into a power socket and it is connected to an HDMI port in your TV/Monitor via an HDMI cable.
2. Ensure your TV/Monitor is set to the correct source. e.g. HDMI 1/2
3. You should see your StoriiCare calendar load and display. No further action is required. If you do not see this, please call StoriiCare support or talk to one of our team via our live chat feature.
Editing Your Digital Display
Each business can have multiple calendar ‘links’. This enables you to build multiple customized calendars for different purposes. For example one calendar may be customised to suit a Reception Area TV, and another may be customized more towards Service Users.
To access your calendar links, select the chain link icon circled below within the activity calendar feature on StoriiCare.
You will already have at least one calendar link waiting for you.
Your pre-set calendar will most likely be the calendar linked to your StoriiCare Signage Boxes unless you have requested otherwise.
Create new links by selecting the orange + icon.
The following page should open:
From here you can:
- Change the Calendar name
- Allow/Disallow navigation from view to view
- Control which views (Month,Week or/and Day) can be shown
- Choose whether the calendar will automatically rotate between views
- Select your own primary color to match your branding. (If you don’t know your colour ‘Hexcode’, you can use sites such as https://goo.gl/iMVcDz to upload an image and find out it’s colors)
Once you have made the necessary changes, remember to hit 'Save'.
Calendars can be turned on and off at any time, so ensure your calendar is set to ‘on’, by ensuring the toggle next to the calendar name is orange, as highlighted below.
You can test how a calendar display will look by copying a link.
Either manually select the link text or select the orange ‘papers’ icon to the left of the pencil icon, and the link will be copied to your clipboard.
Paste the link into a new tab in your browser to view the calendar. It will look something like the page below, depending on which view is displayed.
To change the images displayed on the Day View, you must add images to a designated ‘Public Calendar’ folder within the Business Media tab (circled below).
Content added to the Public Calendar folder (circled below) will circulate in a slideshow on the day view.
Content will be displayed as soon as it is uploaded and no longer displayed as soon as it is removed from the folder.
You can even upload photos during a day out, and staff and service users unable to attend will be able to view your outing on your connected TV’s straight away!
Calendar links can also be used to embed Calendars on your own website. To learn how to do this, please visit our Calendar website implementation Guide.