UPDATE: Public Roadmap:
Table of contents:
- How to redeem the code?
- Is this deal stackable?
- How Can I apply a new code to a sub-account I want to create?
- I applied my coupon to the wrong account, how can I revert?
- What is Story Chief?
- Can I connect it my CMS? Wordpress? Or other?
- Where Can I find the HelpDesk? And Help Videos?
- Deadline for code redemption?
- My code does not work, what should I do?
- What about duplicated content?
- How can I add a HubSpot Call-to-action in Story Chief editor?
- How can I change the domain name for my personal blog?
- How can I post to my personal Facebook or Linkedin channels or to groups?
- Can I share on Instagram?
- Can I post to LinkedIn Articles?
- Are the stats real time?
- Can I publish only to Medium?
- How can I change the layout?
- How can I insert a table or work with columns?
- Can you tell me about your roadmap?
- Story Chief for agencies?
- What is a sub-account?
- What is the Ambassadors/PR/Influencers/journalists channel?
- Matchmaking Service: Can you give me a ballpark range of lowest to highest price you've seen?
- Is it possible run all clients out of this singular agency account? Or do we need to create additional accounts for each client?
- Is there a post-deal plan for Sumo-lings?
1. How to redeem the code?
2. Is this deal stackable?
Yes, visit the same page again: https://app.storychief.io/dashboard/redeem and fill in the codes to unlock:
- 40 stories a month
- 200 Ambassadors/PR/Influencer slots
- Export to Word/PDF
- White labeled notification emails and invites
3. How can I apply a new code to a sub-account I want to create?
Step1: Create a sub-account first:
- Click top corner > Switch account
- Add New Account
- Enter the name of your client's business or your new account name
Step 2: Once logged into the sub-account, click the link to unlock the code: https://app.storychief.io/dashboard/redeem
- Repeat for additional Sub-accounts
4. I applied my coupon to the wrong account, how can I revert?
Navigate to https://app.storychief.io/dashboard/unredeem
5. What is Story Chief?
Content Marketing Software for Startups, SEO Marketers and Editorial teams who want to increase their reach and online presence with less effort.
Save up to 6h per article on faster content distribution & better collaboration flows.
More info: > www.storychief.io
How Does it work?
Check out this 1-minute demo video
6. Can I connect it to my CMS? WordPress? Or other?
You can link any CMS with provided plugins or with our API
7. Where Can I find the HelpDesk? And Help Videos?
8. Deadline for code redemption?
9. My code does not work, what should I do?
If you have any issues redeeming your code please reach out to email@example.com
10. What about duplicate content?
Choose a primary channel so search engines will detect it as the original source. Social posts and mailings will also be linked to the primary channel.
11. How can I add a HubSpot Call-to-action in Story Chief editor?
In HubSpot, you first have to request the embed code and copy a piece of that.
This code is a link that looks like this and it always starts with
Afterward, you can paste the link in the embed media block (4th icon).
12. How can I change the domain name for my personal blog?
You can find the answer here.
13. How can I post to my personal Facebook or Linkedin channels or to groups?
Yes, if you use the Ambassador Channel (https://intercom.help/story-chief/3-connect-your-channels-for-multi-channel-publication/referral-marketing/connect-your-ambassadors) and add yourself as an ambassador,
you will receive an email with share buttons Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
This enables you to share on your personal Facebook and LinkedIn channels and to a Facebook Group
It's actually in our roadmap to make it possible in the near future without the ambassador workaround.
14. Can I share on Instagram?
At the moment the API of Instagram is still in a closed beta. Once that opens up, we will definitely support it.
15. Can I post to LinkedIn articles?
Unfortunately, the API of LinkedIn doesn't allow any third parties to publish to LinkedIn articles. Of course, once that changes, we will be adding LinkedIn articles as a channel.
16. Are the stats real-time?
There is a delay in the stats.
If you check back in an hour, the stats will be updated.
17. Can I publish only to Medium?
Medium is considered an external content hub in Story Chief, so you will need to publish to a personal website or the blog you get from us, before you can publish to Medium.
We're looking to fix this in the near future
18. How can I change the layout?
Every website has its own styling, which is defined by your brand identity. Technically it is called CSS. So it's not up to a copywriter or an external tool to overwrite styling of your website. That's why Story Chief sends only RAW data through to all your channels, your channels pick it up and convert it to their CSS (their styling).
19. How can I insert a table or work with columns?
Tables, columns and inline images are not supported on other channels where you can publish the whole article: Medium, Blogger, Facebook Instant Articles and Google AMP.
Everything we make in the editor needs to bbe supported on these channels as well, in order to make the creation of content flawlessly.
For tables, we will be looking for a solution in Google Spreadsheets and/or own table system.
20. Can you tell me about your roadmap?
We have set out Story Chief with a clear vision and mission. Our goal is to be a one-stop solution for all your editorial needs. We want to cater for all company sizes, small or big in their efforts to bring their message to the public.
Here's the actual roadmap.
21. Story Chief for agencies?
If you are an agency and want to use Story Chief for multiple clients, you can set up accounts for each brand and then switch between dashboards to have everything structured.
22. What is a sub-account?
Sub-account is just a separate account which is on the same level as yours, but you are also an owner in there. They both are linked by the same email address to the owner. You'll need that if you work for clients and want to keep their stories, users, channels separated. Check also Question 21.
Each account has it's own branding, usage, and billing.. so you might want to buy more codes.
23. What is the Ambassadors/PR/Influencers/journalists channel?
Excellent question! There are two channels inside our system to boost the reach of your content significantly.
One of them is Ambassadors. It allows you to automatically trigger your coworkers/friends/fans through email to reshare you the recent story to their own social networks. This puts your content reach on fire! https://storychief.io/ambassadors
Another one is PR/Influencers. The story goes to your list of PR agents/journalists etc.. They will find the preview of your press release and can download a zip file with all the assets (word, pdf, images, links, etc..)
24. Matchmaking Service: Can you give me a ball park range of lowest to highest price you've seen?
The matchmaking is a service where a freelance expert is handpicked per brief. So depending on the brief it's different pricing. It's also based on the seniority level of that expert. Lowest we've seen is 80 euro highest is 350 per story.
It's still in beta though. Our partner network has 1200 freelancers active in western Europe, and only a few in US or Asia.
25. Is it possible run all clients out of this singular agency account? Or do we need to create additional accounts for each client?
You can choose what you do. Having all the channels and clients within one account can be chaotic though on the publishing page.
Stories you can easily separate in Campaigns indeed. For each client a separate campaign.
You can add clients as a guest writer (in that way they don't see your account, only their stories)
BUT on the publishing page, you'll see all the channels of all your clients. Can get messy... And the chances are real that you can publish to wrong channels.
If you have a client with big volumes of content it's better to separate the accounts.
26. Is there a post-deal plan for Sumo-lings?
StoryChief has a special post deal offer for Sumo-lings who stacked 2 codes and want more than 40 stories a month for their account.
You'll be able to unlock UNLIMITED stories per account for $49/month PER ACCOUNT (instead of the regular pricing of $ 400/month per account).