To add the ability to publish posts to your Instagram channel managed through Swat.io you need to go through an additional authorisation process.
This process (and the Access Token it uses) will soon be required for all Instagram accounts managed through Swat.io. This is not a specific requirement of Swat.io but rather applies to all third party tools interfacing with Instagram, because Instagram decided to discontinue their old API (programming interface).
If you have not gone through this process with your account yet we recommend doing so at the earliest moment possible to make sure your channel's connection from Swat.io to Instagram stays intact at all times.
These are the necessary steps to set your "Instagram for Business Token":
- Your Instagram account has to be switched from being a personal account to an "Instagram for Business" account.
If you didn't do this already, this can be set directly in the Instagram app on your smartphone, you'll find it in the settings menu.
Check out this Facebook help article for further guidance.
Your "Instagram for Business" account needs to be connected to your Facebook page. This process is done automatically while converting your account to an "Instagram for Business" account.
If for some reason this connection is not in place, you can set/change the link through the Instagram App as described in this Facebook help article.
- Please navigate to your Instagram Channel's settings page on Swat.io and find the section for setting the Access Token near the bottom of that page:
- Click "Reset Token" and approve any authentication confirmation that may pop up (it will be branded by Facebook, which is fine, since your "Instagram for Business" account is connected to your Facebook page).
- Your "Instagram for Business Token" is now set correctly and the box on the settings page will show as green:
- In case you receive an error message ("Are you sure you possess ADMIN credentials for the linked FB-Page?") when trying to set the token, please make sure the connection between Instagram and Facebook is set properly:
Go to the Instagram App's Settings Menu on your smartphone and check if "Claim Facebook Page" (german translation "Facebook Page beanspruchen") shows up (see the screenshot below).
If so, please try resetting the Link to Facebook by tapping this menu item, then try to set the token on Swat.io again.
Please note that at the moment, Instagram has not yet added publishing support for multi-picture-posts, video-posts or user-tags to their API, so those would have to be manually published/set through the Instagram App.
In case you need any assistance with this process, don't hesitate to contact our support team.