To add your Instagram channel to Swat.io it needs to be an "Instagram for Business" account and connected to a Facebook page.
If you added your Instagram channel to Swat.io prior to June 2018 you should go through this process at the earliest moment possible to ensure continued seamless operation of your Instagram channel through Swat.io.
These are the necessary steps to go through (only required once for each Instagram account) to facilitate integration of your account with third party tools like Swat.io:
- Your Instagram account has to be switched from being a personal account to an "Instagram for Business" account.
If you didn't do this already, this can be set directly in the Instagram app on your smartphone, you'll find it in the settings menu.
Check out this Facebook help article for further guidance.
Your "Instagram for Business" account needs to be connected to a Facebook page. This process is offered to you automatically while converting your account to an "Instagram for Business" account.
If for some reason this connection is not in place, you can set/change the link through the Instagram App as described in this Facebook help article.
Please note: An "Instagram for Business" account can only be connected to a single Facebook page and – vice versa – each Facebook page can only be connected to a single "Instagram for Business" account.
With the above prerequisites in place, you are now ready to set the "Instagram for Business Credentials" (also called "Access Token") on Swat.io, which enables integration between our tool and your Instagram channel.
The following steps also apply if your Credentials / Access Token have become invalid and you have to reset them:
- Please navigate to your Instagram channel's settings page on Swat.io and find the section for setting the Credentials near the bottom of that page:
- Click "Reset Token" and approve any authentication confirmation that may pop up (it will be branded by Facebook, which is fine, since your "Instagram for Business" account is connected to your Facebook page).
- Your "Instagram for Business Token" is now set correctly and the box on the settings page will show as green:
- In case you receive an error message ("Are you sure you possess ADMIN credentials for the linked FB-Page?") when trying to set the Token, please make sure the connection between Instagram and Facebook is set properly:
Go to the Instagram App's Settings Menu on your smartphone and check if "Claim Facebook Page" (german translation "Facebook Page beanspruchen") shows up (see the screenshot below).
If so, please try resetting the Link to Facebook by tapping this menu item, then try to set the token on Swat.io again.
Those are all the necessary steps to integrate your Instagram Account with Swat.io.
Please note that as of now Instagram has not yet added publishing support for multi-picture-posts, video-posts or user-tags to their API, so those would have to be manually published/set through the Instagram App. Automatic publication of single image posts is of course supported through Swat.io.
In case you need any assistance with this process, don't hesitate to contact our support team.