Some users report this issue as:
"After the firmware update, Swimmo watch doesn't respond. I tried to reset the watch, but that doesn't work either. The green led is flashing, no response from the watch tapping or otherwise."
below 1% (iPhone) to approx. 3% (Android)
Why is this happening:
Firmware update is the process which erases current firmware and installs completely new one to the watch. It is comparable to reinstalling your operating system on your computer. This process is critical and needs to finish properly.
Reported cases of this issue may come from:
- using your phone heavily while your watch was still updating,
- skipping the update process in the middle,
- turning the phone/screen off during the update (Android only),
- using Internet heavily or "hot spot" feature (as both Internet and Bluetooth usually share the same communication antena in your phone).
What to do next:
We released a lot of improvements recently to reduce the cases of unfinished update process. We are constantly listening and improving firmware update process to make the experience better even in edge cases mentioned above.
Please follow these steps:
- Make sure to update your mobile app to latest version (Android or iOS).
- Be sure to have Internet access (firmware needs to be downloaded).
- Just to be sure, please force close your app (Android or iOS instructions).
- Open you Android or iOS app and simply reconnect.
- Your watch firmware should restore.
If the app didn't connect to watch...
- First, please check that your phone is configured correctly for Bluetooth Low Energy (Android checklist / iOS checklist).
- Second, make sure that watch is properly advertising.
If the above, doesn't help, let us know via email firstname.lastname@example.org