Some translators enquire as to why they haven't received a request to help. Is there something wrong? Regarding this matter, it would be helpful to know how the Tarjimly matching works and what the translators can do do best on their side.
How does the matching algorithm works?
When a Beneficiary requests a Translator, Tarjimly’s machine learning matching algorithm notifies the best translators from that language community.
Requests are made based on a translator's availability, proficiency, and certifications. Usually, the top 30 matches will be notified and the first available translator who selects "Yes" will be connected in a chat conversation where both parties can send text, documents, or even get on a phone or video call.
Thanks to this algorithm, our average wait time is currently 2 minutes.
Every month we improve our machine learning algorithm and your responses help refine when we reach out to you on Tarjimly. We really appreciate your patience in being matched!
How can I improve my Tarjimly Score to get more requests?
You can improve your score by:
- 📩 Check that your app is updated, your email address has been verified, and you have notifications turned on for Tarjimly (both in the app and in your phone's operating system). If you think there is a bug, please report it with screenshots to firstname.lastname@example.org 🙏🏽
- 🙋♂️ Completing your profile fully, including uploading any previous language certifications
- 📝 Completing the Tarjimly Translator Trainings and Exams.
- 👨👩👧👦 Inviting your friends and family to Tarjimly through your in-app referral code.
If you have already completed the above steps and still do not receive a request.
- The most likely reason is it's simply bad timing as other translators with your same languages are picking up immediately. Some languages have many translators in similar time zones or many more translators than requests (we are still growing 🙂).
- The less likely reason (which still does happen) is a Beneficiary makes a request and then cancels it very quickly by mistake or because they were testing. We will try to distinguish this with a message that says they cancelled their request.
All we can ask for is your patience - we hope you will get a request soon!