What is a Premier Translator?
A Tarjimly Premier Translator is someone who volunteers as a translator on the Tarjimly app, has taken our Premier Translator training, and has passed the Premier Translator test.
What are the benefits of achieving the Premier Translator status?
The main benefit of taking the training and passing the test is the knowledge and professional skills gained that will help you better serve refugees, immigrants, and asylum seekers.
Another perk is that our algorithm will prioritize pinging translators with Premier Translator status first. This means the your likelihood of being asked for help increases.
Where is the training?
The Premier Translator training is available on the app if you are signed up as a volunteer translator.
What does the training entail?
The curriculum goes over interpreting best practices. Topics include:
- Be Professional: Learn tips on creating a safe physical environment, and conveying professionalism and competence.
- Make Yourself "Invisible": Provide interpretation without having a significant presence. Learn how to be "invisible" while interpreting. Allow the conversation to be between the person you're interpreting for and whomever they're communicating with.
- Be Faithful to the Message: Master the art of staying true to the message. Learn the rules of interpretation as to relay what is said without altering the meaning.
- Maintain Boundaries: Review what to share and what not to share in order to provide a professional experience and keep yourself and the beneficiary safe.
- Maintain Confidentiality: This sections goes over Personally Identifiable Information (PII), confidentiality while interpreting, and more! Keep your information and the information of those you're interpreting for safe!
- Do No Harm: No one wants to do harm while trying to help. Learn a couple of tips on how to avoid hurting those you're trying to serve.
What does the test entail?
The test contains 20 scenario questions that touch on the material in the training, along with multiple choice answers.
What is the passing rate?
In order pass, test takers must answer 16 out of 20 questions correctly, or 80%.
What if I fail?
The purpose of the training is not to create an exclusive status, but rather to educate and train as many volunteer interpreters as possible on best practices in the field. for this reason translators can review the training and retake the test until they pass.
What languages is the training available in?
Unfortunately the training is only available in English at the moment. If you have a language you would like to request it in, please message Tarjimly Support on the app, or email us at email@example.com .