Setting up your profile and preferences is very straight-forward in Zapty. You should set up your profile so that other team members can view your details and can contact you easily. Setting preferences will ensure that you receive notifications and updates as per your convenience.
Your profile information can be filled by by clicking on the side arrow next to your name on the top (see image below).
On the profile page, you can see a few fields that you need to fill in order to complete your profile.
On Zapty, you can have the following statuses:
- Green dot - When you are online. This is your status when you login.
- Grey dot - This shows for the following 2 scenarios-
- When you are offline. This is your status when you are logged out.
- Invisible (appearing as a grey dot) - When you wish to be online but in an invisible mode. You can set this up by clicking on the side arrow next to your name. Below preferences, you will see the option to “Make me invisible”. Once you choose this, you will show as offline for others even if you are online. To change your status back to online, again navigate to the same area and click on “Clear invisible status”.
- Yellow dot - When you are away, usually after 1 minute of inactivity. This cannot be set and changes automatically.
- Red dot - For DND or busy mode. There are 3 ways to set the DND status-
- By going to preferences settings - Preferences > Do not disturb settings. Read more here.
- By setting 1 hour DND through the reminder pop-up - Once you click on the bell on the top right, you will be put into DND mode for an hour. If you are already in invisible mode (grey dot), and then click on the DND setting on the reminder, your status will not change to red and you will continue being in grey dot. DND settings then will only prevent showing the reminder updates. Read more about reminders here.
- Through the ‘Do not disturb’ settings in the Preferences section - You can select any of the time options mentioned there. Once you select anything other than “Off”, your status will be changed to DND or busy through a red dot. If you are already in invisible mode (grey dot), and then click on the DND setting, your status will not change to red and you will continue being in grey dot. DND settings then will only prevent showing the reminder updates. If you set ‘All Day’ after 5 pm, it will keep the DND mode till 7 am next morning.
Set preferences by clicking on the side arrow next to your name on the top (see image below).
Under preferences, you can set up DND (do not disturb) mode, preferences for notifications and emails, reminder time, timezone and your weekend days. We have covered some of these below:
- DND settings: Read above for this setting. (link to ‘Do not disturb’ settings in the Preferences section)
- Notifications: This setting controls when you would like to be notified. You can sent up which keywords you’d like to be notified on and if only for important messages. We have set-up some default criteria of how messages are classified as important. Click on (ℹ) to know more.
- Thread Preference: If you check this, then all teams, conversations, discussions, projects and one-on-one conversations will show another tab on top for threads.Selecting recent or unread threads determines the default for what shows in that tab for all the channels.Fig: See the threads tab in a teamFig: See the threads tab in a project.
- Timezone Preference: This is for setting up your current timezone. Be sure to modify this when you are in a different timezone from your default. Setting up a correct timezone is very important as this is the setting used to schedule reminders as well as recurrences setup on tasks.