Alright — we now have a better understanding of common terminology and the business goals you’ll want to implement into your campaigns — let’s get started creating your first campaigns! If you already have campaigns, start with the ‘Campaign Configuration Checklist’ below to ensure your campaigns are structured to work best with the SP Optimizer.
Attention: Any missing steps in campaign creation can impact their performance and delay the rate at which you will see results within the SP Optimizer.
Make sure your new or existing campaigns meet all of the following criteria:
- Each campaign reflects products or product lines with similar margins
- Each campaign reflects products or product lines with the same objectives
- Ad Groups are used to further categorize product variations
- Campaigns use the mirrored structure: every campaign has one automatic and one manual with the exact ad groups and products (make sure they have the same names as well!). The automatic campaign serves as a data mine for new keyword data, using the “explore and exploit” strategy
- Campaign names reflect the product line and targeting type. You should be able to identify which SKUs are in each campaign and ad group just by the name. To easily change campaign names go to Campaign Manager, click into a particular campaign and then click into “Settings”
- Campaigns have a sufficient budget to ensure ads don’t stop running before the end of the day
This list is pretty long! But, don’t worry, we are going to make it as simple as possible for you.
If campaigns meet all of the above criteria, you can skip straight ahead to launching automation by taking a tour of the SP Optimizer. If not, start by completing the Organization Template.
Curious about what using the SP Optimizer is like and what comes next? Take a sneak peek at your workflow 👀
We know — that was a lot to throw at you all at once. But in our next section we’ll help you get everything organized using our ‘Organization Template’. This will help to break out each ad group and product into its respective campaign (with objectives and margins taken into account). Start by downloading the Organization Template below.
Next: Complete the Organization Template