Flex products allow you to create a product or service within the cart on the fly.
An important thing to note is that these do not carry an inventory level. These can be used on a one time basis (just for that specific job) or saved to use for future jobs as well.
Adding a flex product is done in the "Cart" tab of a job. You will want to click on "FLEX" which is found underneath the search bar of the cart. The following screenshot outlines exactly where this is found:
In order to add a flex product you will need to ensure that you first click "Adjust Invoice" in the top right corner of the job. This allows you to make changes to a job once it has been completed. After you click on "Adjust Invoice" you will then see an "Add Flex Product" option appear in the same area shown above:
You can now proceed to add in your flex product. After clicking on the plus sign beside "Add Flex Product" you will be able to enter the details to the specific item:
The flex product creation form will appear right below the "Add Flex Product" section. The following attributes are available for each flex product that is created:
- Product Name: The name of your product. This will be the identifier for your flex product in the future. (Mandatory)
- Product Description: The description for your product. Enter a brief description for your product or service. The description can appear on the invoice, the setting to do this is located in the Invoice Builder. (Optional)
- Product Type: The product type of your flex product. Every flex product will have the "Flex" product type in addition to what you set in this field. These are used in reporting and tracking certain types of products. (Mandatory)
- Product Class: The product class of your flex product. Product classes are created in the Bpro Settings, and are used to group products into smaller, more easily manageable groups. These are used in reporting and tracking certain classes of products. (Mandatory). This will also define if this product is going to have tax applied to it or not depending on the category.
- Cost: The cost of the flex product to your business. This is used for reporting and determining revenue. (Optional)
- Selling Price: The price of the product for your customers. (Mandatory)
- Image: The image shown in your cart. These images can appear on the invoice, the setting to do this is located in the Invoice Builder. (Optional)
There are also two checkboxes at the bottom of the flex product creation form:
- Add to cart: If this checkbox is checked, the product will be added to the order cart upon creation. (Hint: this will save you from having to press "ADD TO CART" after the product is created.
- Re-Use This Product: By default, this checkbox will be checked. If this checkbox is checked, the product will be able to be used again in future orders. If this checkbox is unchecked, the product won't be saved or usable in future orders (it will only be usable for the order it is created within).
To save a flex product press the Save button at the bottom of flex product creation form. The newly created flex product will then appear in the list of your product and services. If you are finished entering flex products you will then want to click on the green "Save Invoice" in the top right corner:
This will save all changes and will track the changes you have made. In order to look at all the changes that have been made you will proceed to the "Checkout" tab of the job. Once you scroll to the bottom you will see a "Change History" tile. This is where you can view all changes that have been made including any flex products that would have been added.