Payments, payments, payments...
Our short post explains what happens to your money once it is added to your tickr account, why it can take a couple of days for you to be fully invested, how you can get your hands on your cash if you want to withdraw and what future plans we have in store.
Depositing your cash into tickr
So, here is the journey your money goes on from leaving your bank to being invested in the causes you believe in:
- Enter your chosen debit card details, your bank will be be charged straight away and this will reflect into your tickr account.
- In 1-2 working days this money will land with our custodian.
- The following Wednesday we invest into Exchange-Traded Funds (ETF’s) that match your selected theme.
- On Friday your investments will settle into your ETF’s and you will be invested in a number of great companies trying to make a difference.
It’s time to get invested
Once your money has been deposited into your tickr account, we will then invest into a number of ETF’s. What ETF’s you invest into is entirely dependent on what theme you have chosen. For example, if you are an eco-warrior and have invested in our Climate Change theme your investments will be different if you have chosen our Equality theme.
We trade the following Wednesday from when your money drops into your tickr account and then it will take two days for your fund to settle in the market. For example, if your money landed into your tickr account on Monday, we would trade on Wednesday and you will be fully invested in the market on Friday.
Can I withdraw my money when I want?
Yes. It is entirely up to you when you withdraw from your tickr account. See our terms and conditions for more information. However, we do not recommend short-term investing. Investing should be seen as a long-term strategy of at least five years, as this is more likely to mitigate any losses you receive in the short-term.
- Once you have asked to withdraw your funds, the following Wednesday we will kick-start the withdrawal process and sell-down your investments.
- On Friday your investments will settle as cash in your tickr account and you will be out of the market.
- The next working day (most likely Monday) we will request your cash be sent via BACs to your nominated bank account.
- This will arrive in three to five working days.
If you want to withdraw all you need to do is open the tickr app, go to account, settings and click withdraw my funds. Any withdrawal requests will be put in motion the following Wednesday after your withdrawal request. We will sell-down your investments and it will settle as cash in your tickr account on Friday.
The following Monday (or next working day if it’s a bank holiday) the cash in your tickr account will be transferred via BACs to your nominated bank account. This usually takes around three to five working days but could arrive sooner into your account. This may seem like a while, but this is an industry-standard when withdrawing cash.
Our tech-team are working hard on delivering daily trading into the tickr app. This means that you will not have to wait till the following Wednesday to get invested in the market, we will invest your money the following day your money is with our custodian.
If you have any queries our user experience team are happy to help. You can catch them at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can get in contact via live chat.
Capital at risk