When calibrating your UPRIGHT GO you need to sit/stand up straight.
If you're not sure what that means, try the following exercise.
UPRIGHT POSTURE WHEN SITTING
To attain good posture while sitting, keep these tips in mind:
- Fully arch your back, then slouch forward, arch once more and release to your neutral upright position
- Imagine there is a string pulling you up from your head, lengthening your spine
- Roll your shoulders back and drop them down
- Plant your feet on the ground at a 90 degree angle
- Breathe deeply and stay relaxed
UPRIGHT POSTURE WHILE STANDING
To attain good posture while standing up or walking about, keep these tips in mind:
- Stand tall
- Take a deep breath
- Relax your shoulders
- Keep your head level with your body
- Pull in your abdomen and don't lock your knees
- Be sure not to stare down at your phone
- If you need to use your phone, lift it up, rather than staring down
The common mistake when getting upright is to over-extend and think you are straight. Always remember, your neutral spine should feel comfortable and natural.
NOTE: When you start training, it may be difficult to hold yourself upright. As you continue to train with the UPRIGHT GO, you will begin to strengthen your core muscles making it easier to sit/stand up straight for longer periods of time.
Want to learn about the benefits of good posture? Click here!