In this tutorial, we’ll go through the basic Usetrace views.
1. Base URL
(1) Base URL - the start page for the Usetrace Editor and all your traces.
(2) To create a new trace for your test automation, go to Editor.
(1) Virtual Browser is a real browser which runs in the Usetrace cloud. It opens the address defined by the Base URL.
(2) Trace Steps - the definition of the automated test path - the trace.
(3) Click a browser icon to run the trace in that browser.
(4) Exit Editor.
3. Trace List
(1) All traces in your project.
(2) Filter traces by name.
(3) Filter traces by tags.
(4) Sort traces by name or last modified or failed first.
(5) Go to settings.
4. Project Settings & Continuous Integration
(1) Enabled browsers in your project. Click to enable or disable browsers.
(2) Settings to bind your CI or version control to launch testing automatically.
(3) Go to Scheduling & Reporting.
5. Scheduling & Reporting
(1) Add a test report messaging channel.
(2) Change when reports are sent. Options: Always, When results change, Fails Only.
(3) Launch testing on a specific time or interval.
(4) Go to Automation.
Integrate to CI system by copy & pasting these settings (1) into the given paths in your product of choice.
(2) Go to Dashboard.
7. Running Set of Traces Manually
You can run traces manually from the Dashboard. The “Run all Traces” dropdown menu also lets you run specifically tagged traces.