How Parents/Athletes accept the Notify invite from the coach, how to sign up if not already, and what to expect from the Notify Feature.
1. If you haven’t already, download the Varsity Bound app and follow your team(s).
2. Once you receive the invite link from your Coach, click the link. Make sure it's the correct link for the correct team. Each team will have a separate invite link for Parents and Athletes. Each coach will have their own way they distribute the links but here's an example of what a coaches email may look like.
3. That will bring you to a login page, either login with a Google account or enter your email address and click Continue. If you don’t have an account enter your email address and click Continue, then it will walk you through the registration process.
4. Once logged in you’ll be taken to your team’s main page and show a confirmation that you’ve successfully signed up for that team's Notify messages.
5. If you’d like to receive text messages make sure to click this link to add your phone number to your profile.
You can also come back later and add it to your profile by clicking the Profile button in the top right corner of the screen, and then clicking your email address. Otherwise you can contact the AD or Coach to get it added as well.
6. To make sure you receive push notifications from the app follow these instructions.
- If downloading the app for the first time, you will be prompted to allow notifications. Click Allow Notifications when prompted.
- If you have the app already, go to Phone Settings and choose Notifications or Alerts. Find the Varsity Bound, select it, and then make sure Allow Notifications is turned on.
7. Notifications for messages sent using the Notify tool will look like this.