If you wish to integrate your Mailchimp account with your Viral Loops campaign, simply follow these steps:
- Go to the 'Integrations' step in your campaign's wizard.
- Find the Mailchimp integration and enable it.
- Then click on connect
- Then click on allow
When you are setting up the new Mailchimp integration, you can choose which Audience to use from your Mailchimp account.
When the integration is connected, any new Viral Loops campaign participants will be getting added or updated in the Audience of your choice, along with the following merge fields:
- EMAIL: The participant’s email address
- FNAME: The participant’s first name (if it has been submitted to Viral Loops)
- LNAME: The participant’s last name (same)
- REFCODE: The participant’s referral code
- REFSOURCE: The participant’s source (from the sharing URL that got them to join the campaign)
- REFEMAIL: The email address of the participant’s referrer (if there was one)
- REFFNAME: The first name of the participant’s referrer (if there was one)
- REFLNAME: The last name of the participant’s referrer (if there was one)
- REFERRALS: The number of referrals of the participant
- SHAREURL: The unique link of the participant
Custom fields (as the ones captured in the Popup) are not yet synced to Mailchimp but we are working hard to bring better support for those. Promise!
In case a contact already exists with the participant’s email address, then no duplicate contact is created.
We figured that it’s important that people that have unsubscribed from an audience in Mailchimp should not receive campaign emails from Viral Loops. That’s why you can now sync unsubscribes from Mailchimp to Viral Loops.
Unsubscribes are synced from Mailchimp to Viral Loops, not vice-versa. Meaning, if someone unsubscribes from Viral Loops campaign emails, we don’t unsubscribe them from Mailchimp as well.
Now, if you want to build and send automated emails for specific segments (e.g. a segment related to the number of referrals) in Mailchimp (and bypass some of the email options given in the Viral Loops campaign wizard), please have a look at the following video (not applicable on Messenger templates and the Altruistic Referral)
Note: if you wish to add a link in your Mailchimp campaign with the share URL merge tag, use the
*|SHAREURL|* merge tag.
Did this article help you? Let us know!