When creating your campaign, you can choose to have it hosted in Viral Loops Pages, a beautiful high-converting page you can easily customize from your campaign wizard to save you time and launch early.
The campaign is normally hosted at a URL like https://pages.viral-loops.com/your-campaign-name but you can use your own domain if you wish.
To begin setting it up:
- Go to the Installation step of the campaign wizard and select "I'll use Viral Loops pages".
- There, click the link "Ready to launch? Use a custom domain" button
- Enter the domain that you want to use with your Viral Loops Page.
The next step is to edit the DNS records of your domain so that it properly redirects to your Viral Loops Page.
Setting the CNAME record
CNAME is just an alias of a domain name to another domain name. Currently we allow only subdomains to be linked to pages.viral-loops.com.
In your domain registrar panel (or hosting control panel -- wherever you manage your domain) look for some menu called "DNS Settings" or similar.
Add a CNAME record for example-domain.com (or whatever domain you added earlier) and have it point to pages.viral-loops.com.
A CNAME record uses three properties.
- If you are not using a subdomain, type @. If you are using a subdomain, add the first part of the subdomain. For referral.initech.com, the first part should be referral.
- The domain that your domain will point to. This should be "pages.viral-loops.com".
- A TTL. This is how much time the CNAME record will be cached (in case you change the record after a while).
Enter the respective values and Save.
Then you need to wait a bit. The process of propagating the new DNS settings can take from a few minutes up to 48 hours, depending on your host (do not forget to select "I'll use VL pages" in the Info step of the wizard).
Now, if you want to set https instead of simply http for your campaign's URL, after the registration of your CNAME changes, you should contact our support team (either via Intercom or email ar firstname.lastname@example.org) and request an SSL for your custom domain (available from Growing plan level and above).
Don't forget to provide us with the name of your campaign and your campaign URL so we can complete your request. This process is completed in 2 working days.
Before starting your campaign, make sure to also update the Button URL of the campaign emails and enter your campaign's URL (https or http if you are not using SSL):
That's it! Did this article help you? Let us know! 😍