All you need to set the campaign live is go to Growth tools > Widgets > ML-VL Optin Link and set the widget in ACTIVE mode.
Additional flows & suggestions for the launch
Our Milestone for Messenger template comes with a pre-set Comment-to-message Growth tool to use during your campaign's Launch period.
> If you want to learn more about the Comment-to-message Growth tool, click here.
Now, here's how this works!
You can find the Growth tool in Manychat and you can customize it according to your needs.
Launch Comment-to-message Growth tool [ML-VL Launch Comment-to-message Facebook Post]
The main concept here is to use this Facebook post to attract people's attention for the upcoming campaign and give them a reason to comment about it. The easiest way to do that is by asking them a question!
The only difference compared to the Pre-launch Comment-to-message Growth tool is that the Opt-in message is the actual Basic flow. So, essentially, those who receive it are prompted to opt-in to the campaign.
Setting up the Growth tool
You need to make the necessary changes to the copies of the Auto-response and the Opt-in messages inside Manychat's Growth tools menu.
Then, you need to create a post in your Facebook Page and go to the Growth tool to connect it here:
The copy of your Facebook post should include:
- The announcement of your Milestone referral campaign
- A prompt so users are incentivized to comment on the Facebook post so they can receive a message in their Messenger inbox (this should be explicitly explained on the post). This way, you basically give your audience the exclusivity feeling they need to invite friends so they can get more chances to win the rewards.
- Explain that the more people they invite, the more prizes (milestones) they'll get.
- Ask them to comment the answer to a question or complete a phrase mentioned on the post.
"Roses are red, violets are..?” (so people can comment “BLUE”)
The copy of your Facebook post should NOT include:
- Prompts such as “Comment below”, “Tag a friend”, “Like this post” , etc.
- Explicit wording
*It's important to refrain from using prompts like the ones mentioned in the above section, as it will have a negative impact on the reach of your post according to Facebook policy (that basically means that less eyeballs will see your post).
**In case you are willing to boost/promote your post to a larger audience using Facebook ads, we suggest triple-checking your ad copy and making sure you don’t violate any Facebook advertising policy or rule from the above mentioned
You can now Publish the Facebook post and activate the Growth tool!
You'll notice that, in order to activate the Comment to message Growth tool, you need to confirm that in the copy of your post you have explicitly stated that commentators will receive a message via Messenger. You can learn more about this Facebook's policy here.
- You need to edit your Welcome Message in Manychat so anyone who interacts with your page organically, gets a message about the campaign.
- On the day of the launch, you need to create a broadcast to all your pre-launch subscribers to let them know the campaign is live. You can use the "pre-launch subscribers" tag.
3. Send a separate broadcast to your other Manychat subscribers who are not yet aware of the campaign.
Driving traffic to your bot prior during the campaign is really important.
Here are some additional suggestions on how to do that!
Widget on Website
You can add a Growth Tool on your website (slide-in, page take-over etc.) to drive traffic from your website into Manychat and inform them about the campaign.
Instagram Story Ad
You can create an Instagram Story Ad with a swipe-up informing your followers about the campaign.
All you need to do is create a Ref-URL Growth tool in Manychat and add the link to the swipe-up on Instagram.
The link of the swipe up, will be something like this: https://m.me/manychataccount?ref=w6032546
Here's a copy suggestion:
Our HUGE Milestone campaign live with multiple rewards for our biggest fans! Do you want to win discounts & [insert your brand here] goodies?
Swipe-up to find out more!
🎯 Last but not least, make sure you make the most out of your Messenger campaign. Here are some super interesting Case Studies that you'll find useful:
- A Messenger giveaway that got 6500 leads with $0.15 each- Case Study
- A secret method for generating sales via Facebook Messenger
- Get more Messenger subscribers: A blueprint
🚀 Don't forget to consult our comprehensive referral marketing guide for battle-tested tips and tricks that will maximize your campaign's success regardless of template!
Good luck! :)
Does this article help? Let us know!