Text-to-Give is a convenient, lightning fast way to give. It will take about 2 minutes to set up, and then you can attach any payment method used by Giving, including bank accounts for ACH donations. There's no app to download, no big setup forms, and no hoops to jump through.
- Send an amount (example: $5 or $1.00) to the short code 84321.
- With the amount, you can include a keyword to indicate what you'd like your gift to go toward. (Example: WCD, WCHP, WCWH, WCS, WCA, LIFT)
- If your number isn't set up for text-to-give, a setup link will be sent back. Tap the setup link to be guided to the next step.
- Enter your email address and, if prompted, your name.
- Enter the payment method you'd like to use for text-to-give. If you're already a donor and you've added a payment method before (say, a bank account for ACH or a credit card) then you can optionally log in to access your saved payment methods.
- Complete your initial setup donation. The initial donation will go to the default (usually the "General" fund) but subsequent donations can be directed to more specific funds using keywords.
If you have any more questions, check out this helpful guide over at Planning Center Giving.