Parking in the East Village can be a breeze if you know where to look. Here are some helpful hints to keep in mind when you visit Walnut Creek Downtown.
Church Parking Lot
We have free off-street parking available on the south side of our building (on the corner of E. 4th & Walnut Street). There are also parking spots along the alley that is adjacent to the west side of our building. Both areas can be accessed from Walnut Street. Our main entrance faces Walnut Street.
Street parking is free during our Sunday services. Spots are often available on E. 4th between Walnut Street & Court Avenue.
On Saturday nights, meter parking is $1.25 per hour (up to 4 hours) near the church and $0.25 per hour (up to 12 hours) a block south of the church along Court Avenue. Meter parking is free on the Court Ave, Locust St., & Grand Ave. bridges.
Lot & Garage Parking
The LifeServe Blood Center typically allows parking in their lot on Saturday nights for $5 and on Sunday for free. Their parking lot is just across E. 4th on the East side of Walnut Creek Downtown. You can enter this lot from E Locust Street, Walnut Street, or E. 5th.
We also have an interactive map with the nearest parking garages and their rates & current capacity here: https://walnutcreekchurch.org/downtown/park
Recommendations & Alternatives
- Bus / There is a Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority (DART) bus stop on the north side of our building on the corner of E. 4th and Locust St. Visit DART's website to plan your trip.
- Uber & Lyft / Uber & Lyft are quick and easy ways to visit Walnut Creek Downtown (especially during our Saturday evening services). Have your driver drop you off in our south parking lot. There is a convenient drop-off area right next to our main entrance.
- Carpool / Going with a group of friends? Make your visit more fun by piling into your friend's car. It helps us out with limited parking and it can save you a few bucks. Use the Square Cash app to reimburse your friend for gas money.
- Bike / Walnut Creek Downtown is easily accessed by bike. There are bike lanes on Walnut Street, and we have plenty of places to lock up your bike when you arrive. We recommend planning out your route on Google Maps. You may discover a trail you didn't know existed!
- Contact us / Need someone to pick you up? Please call us Tuesday-Friday, and we will do our best to line something up and get back to you. Leave us a voicemail at 515-418-9994 ext. 725 and include your name, phone number, address, and what service you'd like to attend.