Insurance plans which normally cover Wellin5 counselling services include:

  • Psychotherapist

  • Counsellor

  • Provincially licensed counsellor or therapist

  • Therapist

  • RCC (Registered Clinical Counsellor)

  • CCC (Canadian Certified Counsellor)

  • RSW (Social Worker)

❓ Not sure if you have coverage?

If you are not sure if you have coverage, here are some questions to ask your insurance provider or employee benefits provider:

✅ Questions to Ask Your Insurance Provider:

  • What type of counselling does your insurance cover?
    > Every plan is different and some cover registered social workers, counsellors or psychologists/psychiatrists.

  • What is the total amount of coverage?
    > Find out how much coverage you have in dollars to check how many sessions you can have covered before self-pay.

  • What is the total number of sessions or number of clinical minutes covered?
    > Some plans may only cover up to 10 clinical hours for example.

After each session on Wellin5, we send you a reimbursable insurance receipt, which you can submit to your provider. See "What will my insurance receipt look like?" for more details on reimbursements.

If your plan covers psychotherapy/counselling/social worker services, Wellin5 is generally covered by most Canadian insurance companies including:

  • Sun Life

  • Manulife

  • Pacific Blue Cross

  • Green Shield

  • Great-West Life

  • Canada Life

  • And many more

Check with your insurance provider for coverage prior to your first session. See "How to file a claim" for more details.

📩 For more information, please reach out to us on helpchat or email at

✅ Wellin5 provides an insurance receipt after each session which you can submit to your insurance provider for reimbursement.


"How to file a claim with your insurance provider"

"What will my insurance receipt look like?"

Questions or concerns? Please reach out to our friendly Client Services team by email: or on helpchat.

Did this answer your question?