If your college has closed down or you no longer have access to your transcripts you can get in touch with the department of education in the state where the school was located. In many cases, the department of education will be in possession of the documents you need. Information on getting transcripts from private schools is available through the National Association of State Administrators and Supervisors of Private Schools.

If your school is outside of the United States, you will need to contact the governing body of education within the country where the school was located.

Did this answer your question?