You can export or print students’ writing from two different places: the class dashboard or from 'Report'.
From your Class Dashboard:
1. Select an assignment from the 'My Assignments' page:
2. Select a class that you'd like to export writing or grades for:
3. Once on the Dashboard, click “Export Data” in the top-right corner.
4. On the next screen, you will have another chance to select the assignment you want to export, as well as the class. Click 'Export' to choose your option:
- Export to Google Drive (exports writing to Google Docs or scores to Google Sheets)
- Export to CSV (exports scores)
- Export Student writing to PDF (exports student writing)
- Export to Canvas (exports scores in a format that can be uploaded to Canvas)
You can print from either the PDF or Google Drive option.
5. If you chose Google Drive, choose 'Export writing to Google Docs' and decide if you want scores printed alongside the student writing or not:
6. Clicking 'Export' will create a Google Doc with all student submissions, that you can now print from within Google Docs.
- See a sample export of student writing *with* the student grades included.
- See a sample report of exported student scores in Google Sheets.
From the 'Report' page:
1. Click 'Report' in the green navigation bar, then click the 'Export' link at top right of the page. Be sure to use the filters for Genre, Grade band, Teacher and Assignment Name to ensure you export/print the right scores and/or writing:
Teachers can export and print their own student writing; admins can export and print multiple classes or schools.
2. Select either the PDF or Google Drive option to print. If you choose Google Drive, choose 'Export writing to Google Docs' and decide if you want scores printed alongside the student writing or not:
3. Clicking 'Export' will create a Google Doc with all student submissions, that you can now print from within Google Docs.