More information on writing a solution reports can be found in this webinar or in the Innovator Handbook.
Now that you have a great idea for one of Xinova’s requests for innovation, it’s time to create a solution report!
You can download the solution report template directly from our website.
The solution report template has 6 sections:
- Specific problem being addressed
- Summary of solution
- Technical landscape and comparative advantage
- Details of the invention
- Considerations for commercialization
Following the solution report template ensures all vital information is included for the review process. Each section must be completed prior to submission. The more detail you can provide, both written and diagrams, the easier it will be for the reviewers to fully understand your idea’s unique value.
We have two helpful tips for you to keep in mind that will greatly increase your chances of success:
- Do your literature research early. Finding prior documentation of the same or similar ideas is the most common reason a solution is rejected. Do research early to ensure you are working on a unique idea.
- Submit your idea for pre-submission feedback. Do this by sending a short description of your idea through our website’s chat bubble and we will provide early feedback to help guide you in the right direction.
More helpful tips can be found in the Innovator Handbook which will greatly increase your chances of success.
If you have any questions or problems while creating your solution report, contact your invention development manager. They are here to help! Good luck!