The EAS process is setup in the CSWeather Module which monitors the serial port on the Sage Unit so it must run 24x7.
To set it up:
- Start CSWeather, select "Properties" from the "Tools" menu and click the "EAS Serial" command at the bottom.
- If you wish to send Class 2 or 3 events, you’ll want to check the “Use Class 2 Events” or "Use Class 3 Tests", otherwise, it will CSRDS will only post Class 1 events.
- Select "Accept" then enter the serial port configuration settings to the Sage Unit.
- Click "Continue "
- Select the stations to post the alerts (Station List at the top right of the Properties window)
- Save the settings and minimize CSWeather.
- When data is received from the EAS receiver, code 1 and , if selected, code 2 and/or 3 events will be processed.
- The information will be parsed using the key words to determine the reason for the alert and the time the alert is in effect.
- The information will be formatted using the For Message information from the configuration settings.
- The entire EAS message will be posted to CSLive for on-air use while, if selected, the parsed information will be posted for use in CSRDS to update RDS\RBDS encoders, HD systems, websites, streams, TagStation, Tunein, etc.
- This information will rotate into the datacasting displays while the event is in effect.
- Only one event will be used. As new events are received from the EAS receiver, they will replace the existing event.