Important: This feature is only available for Ava users who are on the Ava Campus or Ava Pro plan. Find out more about how to get one of these plans here.
- To find the Zoom API token in the Zoom meeting, make sure that the Closed Caption feature is enabled by the organizer of the Zoom meeting. More info on how to do that can be found at the bottom of this article.
- In Zoom, click on Closed Caption (CC) in the bottom tab and "Copy the API token". Note: If you are not the organizer of the Zoom meeting, you will need to ask the organizer to provide you with the Zoom API token. Only them can have access to the token.
Below animation shows where to find the API token in Zoom.
If someone is sharing the API token with you, make sure that you copy only the link and no spaces at the end. If there are spaces in your copy/paste it won't work!
Enabling Closed Captions in Zoom (One Time Only)
Note: This needs to be done by the person who is hosting the Zoom meeting.
- Log in with your Zoom account in the Zoom Web Portal (website)
- Open your profile page (see screenshot below).
- On the left side of the screen, under the personal section, click on Settings
- Under the Meeting tab, scroll down until you see Closed captioning, and enable it
- After competing the above steps, restart the Zoom app on your device.