Scheduling students into rotations can be done in a few simple steps in Clinician Nexus.
In this article we will cover:
- Actions to take before scheduling student rotations
- Scheduling student rotations
- Single student vs. group rotations
- Managing scheduled rotations
Actions to take before scheduling student rotations
The following steps need to be taken in order for student rotations to be scheduled by a coordinator:
- Establish an affiliation agreement between the school and clinical site in Clinician Nexus: click here for information and directions.
- Invite/verify students in Clinician Nexus: click here for information and directions.
Scheduling student rotations
Click + Schedule students from the left menu.
On the Add rotation page, select:
- The clinical site agreement that applies.
- Service capacity.
- The student or group of students that should be scheduled on the rotation.
- Rotation start and end dates. For more information on how to select specific dates or daily schedules for student rotations, click here.
If you select more than one student, you will have the option to:
- Select whether or not you want to schedule a group rotation or individual rotations for the selected students.
- Name the group rotation (if selected)
- Add faculty to the rotation(s)
Single student vs. group rotations
Single student rotations
Single student rotations allow one student to be scheduled into a rotation. These rotations display separately in individual rotation cards. Teaching institution staff and clinical site staff view and manage onboarding by clicking into each individual rotation card to view that student's progress.
Group rotations allow multiple students to be scheduled into the same rotation. Group rotations are often scheduled when multiple students of the same discipline are rotating together in the same facility, service capacity, date range, and/or with the same faculty/preceptor.
When a group rotation is scheduled, all students in the group display in one rotation card. This allows school staff and clinical site staff to view and manage onboarding for the group in one place.
Managing scheduled rotations
The student(s) and clinical site staff will be notified that the rotation has been scheduled and they will able to see the rotation on their respective rotation dashboard pages.
To view and complete onboarding steps, click on the rotation card:
When all onboarding steps are complete and/or verified, the rotation will automatically transition into a Ready status. Click here to learn more about rotation statuses and their definitions.
- How to change rotation dates: click here
- How to cancel a rotation: click here
- How to pause or resume a rotation: click here
Still have questions? Please reach out to us by clicking the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.