BE GENEROUS, BE REWARDED SWEEPSTAKES
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering the Be Generous, Be Rewarded Sweepstakes (“the Sweepstakes”).
By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law. Subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.
1. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes, you must, (i) be a legal resident of the 50 United States and D.C.; and (ii) be at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older) at the time of entry.
Directors, officers, members, managers, and employees of the Daffy Charitable Fund (“Sponsor”), and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, and fulfillment agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, large investors of Aside, Inc. (e.g. hold more than 10% of the company)) and immediate family members (spouses, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and “step” child, wherever they may live) of each are not eligible to win any prize. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes starts at 12:00:00am Pacific Time (“PT”) on September 27, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59pm PT on October 6th, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period and meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s or its designee’s computer is the official time-keeping device for Sweepstakes.
Guaranteed Prize & Grand Prize Winner Selection: Eligible entries of both the Daffy birthday t-shirt and the iPhone 15 prize are those who create and send a minimum of a Daffy Gift to 3 different individuals during the Sweepstakes Period, 12:00:00am PT on September 27, 2023, to 11:59:59pm PT on October 6th, 2023. All members who meet this criteria will receive a Daffy birthday t-shirt as part of the Sweepstakes and automatically be entered into a random drawing for an iPhone 15 that will be conducted at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period. For purposes of these Official Rules, successfully sending a Daffy Gift means once a recipient has chosen the charity, the Sweepstakes participant approves it.
3. How to Enter: To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, complete the steps as instructed for any of the following methods of entry during the Sweepstakes Period:
Daffy Gifts Method of Entry: (i) Log-in to your Daffy account through daffy.org or the Daffy mobile app; (ii) select “Daffy gifts” on mobile or “Send a gift” on web;” (iii) enter an amount for the gift (iv) enter the name and email of the intended recipient of the gift (v) send the gift so that the recipient may (vi) choose a charity of their choice from Daffy’s database of over 1.5 million charities, and (vii) make a donation recommendation of at least $18 to the charity of their choosing (viii) once the recipient has chosen a charity the Sweepstakes participant must log back into their Daffy account through daffy.org or the Daffy mobile app; (ix) select “Daffy gifts” on mobile or “Send a gift” on web”; (x) and repeat this process at least twice more to ensure three Daffy Gifts are sent to 3 different people; or
Email Method of Entry: In an email state: (i) your name, street address, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, and date of birth; and (ii) the legal name, tax ID, and street address of one charity you’d like others to support with a 500 word description of their positive impact on the world . Then send that email to email@example.com. The charity must (1) be a U.S. 501(c)(3) private operating foundation described in Section 4942(j)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or public charity described in Section 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code that is in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service; and (2) otherwise comply with Daffy’s Donation use Restrictions as outlined here https://www.daffy.org/legal/agreement#donation-recommendations. All decisions on charity eligibility will be resolved solely by Daffy.
By submitting an entry as instructed through any of the above methods (“Submission”), you agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Restrictions below. Sponsor may choose to remove any Submission or disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes that your Submission fails to conform with the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Upon completion of all required entry steps and compliance with the Guidelines and Restrictions, you will automatically receive a Daffy birthday t-shirt and automatically be entered into a random drawing for an iPhone 15. If Sponsor determines that the charity you recommend is ineligible during Sponsor’s approval process, Sponsor will work with you to identify an alternate charity.
Limit: ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PER SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. If an individual sends more than 3 Daffy Gifts, only one entry will be counted.
Submission Guidelines and Restrictions:
a. Your Submission must not supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading information.
b. Your Submission must be your original creation and be owned 100% by you, or, alternatively, you must have the full rights to grant the license and other rights that you grant to Sponsor in Section 10 below.
c. Your Submission must not (in Sponsor’s discretion): (i) violate any third party rights, including copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (ii) contain disparaging or defamatory statements; (iii) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (iv) be obscene, offensive, or indecent; (v) depict any risky behavior; (vi) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or (vii) contain unauthorized third party trademarks or logos.
d. You represent and warrant that: (i) the Submission does not violate any applicable law, rule or regulation; (ii) to the extent the Submission depicts any individual or features the voice or other qualities of any individual, you are the individual pictured, heard, or otherwise featured in the Submission, or, alternatively, that you have obtained written permission from each person appearing in the entry to grant the rights to Sponsor described in these Official Rules, and will make written copies of such permissions available to Sponsor upon request; (iii) the Submission complies with the Daffy Charitable Fund Member Agreement at www.daffy.org/legal/agreement; and (iv) the Submission complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
If participating in this Sweepstakes via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers, and is not required to enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider’s data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Wireless carrier rates vary, so you should contact your wireless carrier for information on your specific data plan.
4. Identity of Entrant: All Submissions must be submitted by the individual entrant. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified (including entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt to obtain additional entries through fraud or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Sponsor’s discretion.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the account on which the Submission is made. An “authorized account holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that a potential winner is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the entry.
5. Selection and Notification of Prize Winners:
Guaranteed Prize Winners: On or about 5:00 PM PT on October 10, 2023, all guaranteed prize winners will be be notified via email. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor may require the winner to sign and return, within fourteen days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release in order to claim their prize. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; (ii) any required documents are not returned within seven days, such as the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release; or (iii) if the potential winner is otherwise unable to accept or confirm shipping details for the prize by October 30, 2023, the prize will be forfeited.
Grand Prize Winner Selection. On or about 5:00 PM PT on October 10, 2023, Sponsor will select the name of one potential winner of the grand prize in a random drawing from among all eligible Submissions at Sponsor’s headquarters as listed in Section 16 below.
The potential winner will be notified via email at the times stated above. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor may require the winner to sign and return, within seven days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release in order to claim their prize. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; (ii) any required documents are not returned within seven days, such as the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release; or (iii) if the potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Only three alternate drawings will be held for each prize, after which the prize will not be awarded. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the above selection process from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the prize available.
Verification of Potential Winner: The potential winner is subject to verification by sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the sweepstakes. An entrant is not a prize winner unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete and no further action is needed.
Guaranteed Prize: All participants who successfully send a minimum of 3 Daffy Gifts during the Sweepstakes Period will receive a Daffy birthday t-shirt. For purposes of these Official Rules, successfully sending a Daffy Gift means creating and sending a Daffy Gift to three different people by providing the recipients email address.
Grand Prize Drawing: At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, one winner from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period will be selected an iPhone 15 (128GB with no carrier or Apple Care coverage), retail value of $799 + shipping and taxes.
Prize Restrictions: All federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Sweepstakes.
Except for applicable manufacturer’s standard warranties, the prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
7. Disclaimer: Sponsor, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsor or the Release Parties’ reasonable control; (c) any Sweepstakes disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
8. Limitations of Liability; Releases: By entering the Sweepstakes, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will the sponsor or the released parties be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including loss of use, loss of profits or loss of data, whether in an action in contract, tort (including, negligence) or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected to your participation in the Sweepstakes or use or inability to use any equipment provided for use in the Sweepstakes or any prize, even if a released party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will the aggregate liability of the released parties (jointly) arising out of or relating to your participation in the sweepstakes or use of or inability to use any equipment provided for use in the Sweepstakes or any prize exceed $10. The limitations set forth in this section will not exclude or limit liability for personal injury or property damage caused by products rented from the sponsor, or for the released parties’ gross negligence, intentional misconduct, or for fraud.
9. Use of Use of Name, Likeness, etc.: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes permission to use your name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Sweepstakes, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Sweepstakes.
10. License to Submission: By entering the Sweepstakes and providing your Submission in connection with the Sweepstakes, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license, (with the right to sublicense), to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof (including your name and likeness as shown and conveyed in the Submission), in connection with the Sweepstakes and for other advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes, and to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission you submit or to return any such Submission to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including execution of affidavits, tax forms, and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your Submission.
12. Winner List; Rules Request: For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope for arrival after October 10, 2023 and before September 30, 2024 to the address listed in Section 16 below, Attn: Daffy’s Be Generous, Be Rewarded Sweepstakes. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://intercom.help/daffy/en/articles/8418236-be-generous-be-rewarded-sweepstakes-2023-official-rules
13. Intellectual Property Notice: DAFFY CHARITABLE FUND is a trademark of Daffy Charitable Fund. The Sweepstakes and all accompanying materials are copyright ©2023 by Daffy Charitable Fund. All rights reserved.
14. Disputes: Each entrant agrees that any disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes or any prize awarded will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate state court located in Santa Clara County, California. These official rules are governed by the laws of the state of California, without regard to choice of law or conflict of law rules. You waive any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts and hereby submit to the jurisdiction of those courts.
15. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes or any entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (in its discretion) incapable of running the Sweepstakes as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, tamper with the operation of the Sweepstakes or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Sweepstakes or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor's discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this Sweepstakes or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil law and Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms “include” or “including” in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.
16. Sponsor: Daffy Charitable Fund, 221 Main Street, #2061, Los Altos, CA 94023.