This is a guide for performing an online update of FLOW applications on dedicated FLOW devices with Azena OS the AZB8M40-100F30V3 (Bullet) and AZD8M40-102F15V4 (Dome). It is also applicable for updating other smart cameras and devices with the Azena OS such as these supported Vivotek Devices and cameras from other manufacturers as well. In case you would like to do hybrid-offline update or offline update read the relevant provided guide.
There are multiple things that need to be done before starting the update process.
The camera needs to be connected to the Internet.
The camera needs to be connected to the Azena cloud.
In case you have your camera connected to the DataFromSky Azena cloud, you can request us to transfer the camera to you or let us know if you would like to update the device. If either is the case drop us an email at email@example.com or the Live chat.
If you manage your devices with your own Azena cloud and you want to connect the smart camera to it, you need to log into the Azena OS camera web interface.
The camera’s web administration interface can be accessed using the URL:
https://<ip_address>:8443/ (example URL format: https://192.168.88.75:8443/).
Sign in with the following default login details if you have not changed them yet.
The next thing you must do is enable the NTP protocol. You will find it in the Date and Time tab in the Camera section of the web interface. There you need to enable it as shown in the picture below.
After that, you need to go to the Cloud Connection tab in the Applications section of the web interface and enable it with the slider switch as shown below.
3. There needs to be a GREEN light in the status panel of the camera in the Azena Cloud as shown in the image below.
If this is not the case and you have done step 1. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once these 3x requirements are fulfilled, you can start the update process.
Update process step by step:
1. Login to your account on Azena with your details at https://accounts.azena.com/.
2. In the top right corner, click on the house-shaped button and select “Device Management Portal” as shown in the picture below to see your Azena devices list.
3. Find the smart camera you want to update.
4. Click on the camera and on the right side you will see a list of installed applications. There, go to the section with the specific FLOW application and click on the “UPDATE” Button as shown below. A pop-up window will appear
4. Click on “Update” in the pop-up window.
5. Your FLOW application will now be updated. Please wait for the update to finish.
You can now Launch FLOW Insights (with the appropriate version) - check the version compatibility table here. Now you have successfully updated your FLOW application!
Here is a list of pages you might find useful:
Get the Azena TrafficCamera Datasheets and Manual here.
How to connect to your camera with FLOW Insights.