IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE UTILIZING TWILIO:
Notes for before you integrate your Twilio phone number:
In order to crack down on spam and fraud, large carriers like AT&T and Verizon have implemented rules as to who can send text messages from applications.
In order to comply with the new rules, you MUST register your Twilio phone number.
To register your new Twilio number, follow these instructions.
Text messages will not send in DripJobs unless the number has been registered and approved.
Do not input your new Twilio number into DripJobs without first Registering your new Twilio number.
Once it's approved, then import the number into DripJobs.
Notes for after you bring in your own number:
If you already have customers in your DripJobs account, and they text the OLD phone number, you will not receive those messages. It's best to send a text message to the last 10-15 contacts that have been messaging you informing them of the new number change.
Also note that Twilio provides a number for texting, so you will have two numbers. In the instructions below we show you how to route calls to a separate number, such as your cell phone or business line, so if someone calls the number you use to text in DripJobs, they can still reach you.
Please do not port your business phone number to Twilio. Doing this will mean you can no longer use it for phone calls and it will only be used for texting through DripJobs Chat. Also do not try to put your business line or cell phone number in the slot for the Twilio number in DripJobs. We can only send texts through a Twilio number.
1. Visit Twilio.com and create an account
Twilio requires all customers to complete a short survey, shown here. It does not matter what you select for the first two questions, but on the third, when it asks "How do you want to build with Twilio?", it is important to choose 'With no code at all', unless you know how to code.
2. Click on Buy a number
Twilio numbers - last we checked - are $1.15 a month and then 8/10 of a cent for each text, 2 cents if the text has a picture. Generally you put in $20 and then have the account top up when it gets below $10.
See pricing at this link: https://www.twilio.com/sms/pricing/us
3. Type in the area code you're wanting as your DripJobs number
You can search by number or you can search by city
4. Select the number you want
5. On the right hand side, click "Buy"
6. Confirm the number & purchase
7. Click on Configure
8. On the menu, Click on Active numbers
9. Click on Studio - if you don't see this on the left, click on Explore Products, search for it (ctrl + f will bring up the search bar to search anything on the page, and you can use the up and down arrows to tab through the results) and then click the pin icon to pin it to the left side.
Now, let's setup a call-forwarding rule to ensure that anyone that calls your DripJobs number will be routed to your business line. Click on Studio.
10. Click on Overview
11. Click on Create a flow
12. Name your flow and hit "next"
13. In the right panel, click on Connect Call To, and drag it to the Flow, that is drag it to the center of the screen.
We're telling Twilio that whenever someone calls your Twilio number, we want it to automatically route to your company number
14. Drag highlighted element underneath the "Trigger"
15. Drag the bullet from "incoming call" to the "Connect Call" Box. It will automatically attach itself
16. Click on the highlighted element "Connect_call_1" to open up the side dialogue
17. Click on the highlighted box
18. Type in your company phone number
This is the phone number you are wanting Twilio to route the call to. Make sure to enter it in the same format as you see below.
19. Verify input is correct
20. Click on Publish
21. Click on Upgrade
You must upgrade your Twilio account in order to utilize your new phone number
22. Type in your country
23. Input your information
24. Click the appropriate option
25. Fund your account
Adding funds to your account allows you to pay for text messaging on a per message basis
26. Optional: Enable auto recharge
27. Input your payment method
28. Log out & log back in
29. On your home-screen you should see the following details under Account Info"
Copy & Paste these into the appropriate fields in Company Settings - Integrations - Twilio inside of your DripJobs Account. IMPORTANT: you must copy them exactly as they are here in Twilio.
30. See Configuration Below
31. Return to Twilio, Click on Phone Numbers
32. Click on Manage
33. Click on Active numbers and select your new phone number
34. Here, we are going to tell Twilio to activate the "flow" we created to forward all calls to our business line
Remember, any text messages to your Twilio number will be seen in DripJobs Chat
35. Click "A Call Comes In" and change it from Webhook to - Studio Flow
36. Select the flow you created earlier and hit Save!
Congratulations, your twilio number is now properly configured in DripJobs!
Need help? Please hit our support icon and let us know if you're having trouble. We're happy to assist.
Important: If you already have customers in your DripJobs account, and they text the OLD phone number, you will not receive those messages. It's best to send a text message to the last 10-15 contacts that have been messaging you informing them of the change.
Be sure to follow this article too: