In this article you will learn:
How information is stored in Trail
How to merge a Profile
How to merge a Contact
How information is stored in Trail:
Before merging anything, it is very important to know how client information is connected in Trail. Some information is attached to a Contact, and some information is attached to a Profile. This will affect what happens to information in a merge.
Information attached to a Profile:
Information attached to a Contact:
Products (loans, policies and investments)
How to merge a Profile:
1. Go to one of the client's Profile
2. Click the blue 'Actions' button next to the client's name
3. Select 'Merge Profile'
4. Type in the name of the second Profile to merge, and select the correct Profile that appears
5. Select whether you would like to keep the first Profile, or the second Profile
Keeping the first account means that you will choose which details you would like to discard from the second account (and visa versa).
6. Decide which information from the other account to keep
Here you can deselect any unnecessary information that is not needed in the merged Profile.
Important: Deselecting a Contact will mean that if that Contact is not a member of another Profile, the Contact, along with all information attached to it (see above) will be deleted. If you are unsure if you will need information about a Contact, it is best not to delete it in the Profile merge. You can always merge the Contacts later, which will save the information.
If you have a duplicate Contact and you aren't sure which Contact has what information, it's best to keep both Contacts as this can be sorted after the Profile merge
7. Click 'Merge'
From here, you'll be taken to the merged Profile. You'll see all Contacts and Opportunities that you decided to keep, as well as all documents/notes/activities from both Profiles.
How to merge a Contact:
1. Go to the clients Profile
2. In the Contacts box, find one of the duplicate Contact that has the MOST CORRECT contact information (name, email, phone number).
We recommend this because Trail will keep the contact details (name, email, phone number, address) of the Contact you select as the one to merge from. The contact information of the duplicate Contact will be deleted. All other information from BOTH Contacts will be kept.
Then after choosing the contact, select the Edit Details icon:
3. Click the blue 'Actions' button and select 'Merge Contact'
4. Type in the name of the second Contact to merge, and select the correct Contact that appears
The second Contact will be merged into the first, meaning it will take the name (along with phone number and email) of the first Contact. For this reason, it is important you choose the correct Contact for the merge.
5. Click 'Merge'
This will mean that all information attached to both Contacts will be saved as one. Please be aware that depending on the information stored under each Contact, the Contact merge may cause a double up in information. Because of this, it is best to check the Position Tab after a merge and edit information as need be.