In this article, you will learn how to set up Trail to open Outlook or Gmail when using the Send Email button on the timeline, or clicking on an email address under a contact.
NOTE: This guide is currently aimed at Windows 10 Users and the Default Apps section of it. This article does not relate to email integration.
Setting up Outlook
1. Search for and select Default Apps in the Window’s search bar
2. Under the Email heading click on Mail (or whatever is in that section) and select Outlook
Now whenever you click on an email in Trail or click Send Email within a profile, Outlook will open 🎉
Setting up Gmail
1. In the top right corner of the browser select Settings within the three vertical dots.
2. Search for Handlers in the search bar above. Click Site Settings
3. Expand the Additional permissions area and select the highlighted Handlers option.
4. If it is not activated, activate it with the switch toward the top of the page. Then you want to make sure mail.google.com is not listed under blocked. Your page should look similar to the screenshot below.
5. Make sure all gmail.com tabs are closed. Once you’ve closed them all, open a new tab, and navigate to www.gmail.com. At the top right of the URL Bar (where you type in www.gmail.com) you will now see a new logo. Click on this and select Allow.
6. Now go into your Windows Default Apps (See Above for instructions on how to navigate there, under the Outlook section) and change the Mail app to Google Chrome.
And with that, your Chrome is now set up for Gmail 🎉
1. At the top right corner of the browser, select the three horizontal lines and click on Options (with the cog icon)
2. In the General page, scroll down to the Applications section. To the right of ‘mailto’ click on the current option and select Gmail.
The setup for Mail apps can change based on your browser and preferred method of sending an email. If you’re still having trouble with this, do not hesitate to contact us using the Intercom button at the bottom right of your screen, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org 😄