What do you do if you want to manage cases and recurring projects via Gluu but want to manage all case files in Microsoft SharePoint 365? This is where you use Gluu's new, deep SharePoint integration.
Read this article to learn how to
- Select the SharePoint site and folder that you want to use.
- Set up your folder and file naming conventions on an account level, or a case template level.
- Start a case where all files are saved to SharePoint automatically.
- Keeping files in sync at all times. This includes templates (files placed in work instructions), case status reports (the report created by a Gluu), forms that have been filled in and finally photos taken via Gluu's Android or iOS apps.
Initial, one time set up of SharePoint 365 sync
You can manage the connection between Gluu and SharePoint 365 on two levels:
- Account-wide standard - this defines the default that applies to any case flow in any process created in Gluu.
- Template level standard - this lets individual process editors define a standard on a template level. This is necessary if you want to save different case information in different SharePoint sites and folders and with different file naming conventions. E.g. HR may use cases for onboarding, IT for releases and Finance for creating annual reports. These cases will need to be saved in separate SharePoint sites.
NOTE: Using this feature requires a Microsoft SharePoint 365 account and a Gluu Pro or Enterprise account.
Initial setup of your account's standard SharePoint connection
To complete this step you need access to 'Account settings' (Account Owners have access to this).
If you're the account owner then complete the following steps to prepare your account:
- Click on your company’s name in the upper right corner and click on 'manage account'.
- Under general settings make sure that you have your Azure AD tenant id filled up.
3. Go to 'Apps & Integrations' in the menu and turn on Microsoft SharePoint
4. Choose your settings regarding your folder structure and naming
- Root folder points to the site and folder where you want to save your case information. This will be the destination where all case folders are created by Gluu.
- Set the naming convention for case folders. This is the top-level folder and the default naming is the case name. So, if you name e.g. an onboarding case with employee name and number, then the SharePoint case folder will get the identical name, for example 'Peter Smith 243567324'.
- Set the naming convention for activity folders. These are the folders that are created for each activity in your process. The default is to give them the activity name.
- Set the file naming conventions. Gluu lets you save all files to SharePoint. The default file name for forms completed through Gluu is 'task name - form name', so e.g. 'Complete security test - security test form'. The default for uploaded files and photos is the task number and a number.
On the bottom of the settings, you can see the structure that you and your colleagues will create each time a case is synchronised with your SharePoint 365.
You are ready when your file structure matches your preferences. Save changes when you are ready.
Initial setup of process-specific standards
Now that your account-wide standard is set up this will be where case information is stored as a default. To set up similar standards on a process and case template level you just need to...
- Go to the relevant process, then select 'Case Templates' under 'Cases'.
- Turn on the edit mode and select the case template that you want to edit.
- Under Synchronize, click on 'Allow sync with SharePoint/OneDrive’
- Decide whether you want to add any extra folders within the case folder outside of Gluu.
5. Save the edited case settings.
6. Choose an activity that is in the case and:
- You have the same synchronization options. You can change the folder name, select files to export, and whether you want to create extra folders.
7. You are all set up!
Now all new cases created from the selected case template will have a corresponding folder and file structure in SharePoint.
Any user can now start and run cases. Copies of all files are then added to the specified SharePoint folders. This happens automatically when a file is added. However, should a connection to SharePoint 365 not be available then all files will be synchronized once you click the SharePoint icon on a case:
This checks that all files are synchronised between Gluu and the relevant SharePoint folder. Click on the SharePoint icon and you will be redirected to the SharePoint folder where you can work directly in (upload other files etc.).