All Collections
A Content ID dispute wasn't resolved in my favor
A Content ID dispute wasn't resolved in my favor
Mark avatar
Written by Mark
Updated over a week ago

In extremely rare instances, even if you followed all the required steps correctly, it might not be possible to resolve a copyright claim in your favor for tracks downloaded from Fugue.

If your claim dispute is rejected, the best course of action to still have your video publicly available on YouTube (and monetized, if applicable!) will be to replace the copyrighted tracks that are causing problems with alternatives.

You can look for replacement tunes on Fugue manually or use a neat feature offered by YouTube. It allows you to choose tracks from YouTube's extensive royalty-free library. Here's how to access the YouTube option:

  1. Open YouTube Studio and select the Content tab from the menu.

2. Under Uploads, find the video with a copyright claim. Move the cursor over the "Copyright claim" text, and click "See details" in the popup.

3. Click the three dots next to the copyrighted song, then select "Replace song".

4. You'll then be presented with a list of possible replacement tracks from the YouTube stock music library.

Did this answer your question?