Before you start:
✅ Charge The Slate by connecting it to your computer via the micro USB cable supplied. On first use please allow up to 3 hours of charging.
✅ Prepare your work space. This means:
- Keep all magnetic objects at least 20 cm away from The Slate (phones, speakers, jewellery, watches, etc.).
- Be careful not to leave other iskn drawing tools near The Slate when switching it on and while you are drawing.
- Be careful not to use The Slate on a metal surface (metal table or with metal parts).
✅ Place an A5 sheet of paper on The Slate:
- Adjust your sheet of drawing paper on the active area of The Slate using the markings on the surface. Make sure that the sheet is straight and fixed. If you use a notebook, make sure that has no metal parts, is flat and has a maximum thickness of 7 mm.
- Secure your sheet with The Clips
✅ Download and install the Repaper Studio application on:
- iskn.co for Mac and PC.
- Google Play for Android smartphones .
- The App Store for iOS devices.
Connecting The Slate to Repaper Studio:
✅ Connection on Mac or PC :
- Connect The Slate to your computer using the micro USB cable supplied.
- Turn on The Slate by pressing and holding down the Power button on the side: the side LED pulses white.
- Open the Repaper Studio application.
- The Slate automatically connects to the app: the LED then turns solid white. The name of The Slate is displayed at the top right in Repaper Studio, by the "Connection" button.
✅ Connection to a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android smartphone):
- Switch on The Slate by pressing and holding down the Power button on the edge: the side LED turns pulsing white
- Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Switch to Bluetooth mode by briefly pressing the Power button on The Slate: the side LED turns pulsing blue.
- Open the Repaper Studio application.
- In Repaper Studio, click on "Connection" and select The Slate from the drop-down list. Click on the "Connection" button again.
- Once The Slate is properly connected, the blue side LED goes solid and The Slate's name appears at the top of your screen in Repaper Studio, by the "Connection" button.
Before using The Slate, make sure it is up to date. To find out if an update is available, go to the Repaper Studio settings.
For your best experience using The Slate:
Installing and calibrating The Ring:
✅ Slide The Ring onto your drawing implement about 3 or 4 cm from the tip.
✅ Adjust its positioning so that The Ring is completely perpendicular to your drawing implement.
✅ Calibrate The Ring each time you change implements:
- Press and hold one of the two buttons of The Slate: the front LED turns pink.
- Place your drawing tool on the active area of The Slate and release the button once the tip touches The Slate.
👉 Top tips:
- Be sure to use only one drawing tool at a time to avoid disrupting The Slate's operation.
- You can check at any time if the functionality is being impaired by using Repaper Studio's performance indicator.
✅ To check if The Ring is properly positioned and calibrated, we recommend the following steps:
- Once you have positioned a sheet of drawing paper on The Slate as explained above, place The Ring on your drawing implement and calibrate it.
- Open Repaper Studio and select the Repaper & Screen mode.
- With The Ring on your drawing implement, place the latter perpendicular to The Slate, with the tip in contact with the sheet of paper.
- Turn your drawing implement right round. As you are doing this, be sure to keep the drawing implement perpendicular to the sheet of paper and in contact with it at a single point (no lines).
- If you see a point appear on the screen, The Ring is properly positioned and calibrated. If you see a small circle appear, The Ring is incorrectly positioned: adjust it and repeat the process until you get a point.
That's it: you're ready to do your first drawing! Go to Repaper Studio and let your creativity take over! If you need help with your first drawing, please have a look at this article "Start your first drawing".
If you have any questions, please contact us via the widget, at the bottom right of the page 😊