If you receive a notice that Apple has rejected your submission, you'll likely see an email like this:
You will need to reply to Apple's rejection in their Resolution Center. You can either click the link in the email, or login to your App Store Connect account and click the number bubble on your app icon:
Once you're in the Resolution Center, you'll see the rejection notice and explanation from Apple regarding their rejection. Almost invariably these rejections concern Guideline 4.2.6 and are now Apple's standard practice for all template-based apps.
When replying to Apple's Review Team, here are somethings to keep in mind:
- Let them know you are the station owner/content owner and provide any supporting documentation concerning your ownership of the station. You can attach your documents using the "Attach File" link below the reply box.
- Your app is submitted under the correct account, because this developer account belongs to you, the station owner.
If you receive a message asking for more details about your apps intended audience like the list below, you can use our pointers as suggestions for your reply, but please make sure the information is specific to your station/application.
- What is the purpose of this app? Answer: To provide a mobile app for the listeners of our station, giving them access to our station's stream, content, and community through the app.
- Who or what intended entity is the app being designed for? Answer: It is designed for our station's listeners.
- Who is the target audience for this app? Answer: The intended audience is our station's listeners.
- Is this app being designed for a financial or a government entity? Answer: No.
- Do you represent a publishing, media, or newspaper group? Answer: I represent the radio station for which the app was designed.
Apple's review team are pretty quick to follow up when a reply has been submitted. Usually they answer within a few days.
We cannot reply on your behalf, since this is your application and your account.
Please feel free to contact our Support Team if you have any questions.