Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is a federal temporary emergency nutrition benefit that is loaded on electronic cards for families to purchase food. P-EBT was first implemented for the end of the 2019-20 school year as part of the U.S. government's response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

To apply for benefits through the P-EBT program, schools (on behalf of students) will need to submit a file to the Department of Education. This file can be created right from within jmc Office. Head to Lunch > Free/Reduced > P-EBT File Export to get started.

Step One: Place a checkmark in the "Include Inactive Students" checkbox to include both active and inactive students in your P-EBT export.

Helpful Tip: If students that previously attended your district are wanting to take part in the P-EBT benefits program then place a checkmark in the "Include Inactive Students" checkbox so they are included in the export.

Step Two: Place a checkmark in the "Include only free/reduced students" checkbox if you'd like to limit your export to just those students that were eligible for the state's free and reduced lunch program.

Helpful Tip: If you're including only free/reduced students, enter the "Eligibility Date From" and "Eligibility Date To" in the appropriate fields. This narrows your list to only students that were eligible for free and reduced lunches during the entered time period.

Step Three: Select a radio button from the "Select" box to identify which group of students will be included in the export. Then fill out the appropriate fields highlighted below.

  • All Students: every student will be included

  • By Grade Level: place a checkmark in the grade level checkbox(es) in the "Grade Level(s)" drop-down list

  • Random Student: select one or more students by entering their name or student ID in the "Find" drop-down list

  • By Tag: place a checkmark in the checkbox(es) in the "Tag(s)" drop-down list

Step Four: Click the "Start Export" button to begin the P-EBT file export and save it to a CSV file.

Did this answer your question?