All Collections
Auto & Vehicle Services
How do I apply for a duplicate title?
How do I apply for a duplicate title?
Written by Kyla Moss
Updated over a week ago

To apply for a duplicate Oklahoma title, a Form 701-7 - Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title for Vehicle/Boat/Motor must be completed and submitted to Service Oklahoma or any Licensed Operator. For current Oklahoma tax forms, visit the Forms page.
If a vehicle has a lien, the title will go to the leinholder. The record owner or lienholder must sign the form and their signature(s) notarized by a Notary Public. If utilizing a Power of Attorney the Actual Notarized Power of Attorney, or a Certified Copy of the Power of Attorney, must also be submitted.
As requested on the application, the vehicle identification number of the vehicle, or serial number of the boat or outboard motor is required. Please also include the current registration decal number.
Either current Oklahoma registration, or evidence of out of state residency, is required before a duplicate title may be issued. Out of state residency may be evidenced by an out of state registration for the vehicle/boat/motor, a utility bill, rental agreement, or out of state driver license in the name of the record owner. If the Oklahoma registration is not current and out of state residency cannot be established, all delinquent Oklahoma registration fees and penalties will have to be remitted, along with an Oklahoma insurance verification form, in order for the duplicate title to be issued.

Did this answer your question?