We support the ability to play audio on-site through a speaker or a PA system. This can be useful to alert a person that they are being monitored. You can either play a pre-recorded message or speak directly to a person on site.
We presently support playing back audio through the built-in 3.5mm jack on the back of the TetherBox.
Note: We do not currently support IP speakers or speakers built into some IP cameras. If you have a specific speaker or camera, we may be able to add support for it quite quickly. Please contact us with the details on firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Connect a speaker or tannoy to the 3.5mm jack on the back of your TetherBox:
2. Enable Audio Challenge on your TetherBox by going to Admin > TetherBoxes > Edit TetherBox > Audio Challenge tab > Tick "Enable push to talk" > Update TetherBox.
You can also select a pre-defined audio file, or upload a custom one:
3. Ensure the user has permissions to use audio challenge by going to Admin > Users > Edit User > Permissions > tick "Allow Audio Challenge" > Update User.
The user should now be able to play a pre-recorded message as well as speak directly to site using their microphone.
Using Two Way Audio
1. Go to the live view tab.
2. Press and hold the microphone icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. By holding down the microphone icon, you can record up to a 10 second audio clip, to be broadcast to site:
4. Release the icon to play the recording.
Note: In order to hear what is on site, the camera must be in full screen and must have a microphone built in, otherwise your audio will be broadcast to site, but you will not be able to hear the audio.
Using a Pre-Recorded Message
1. Go to the Live view page.
2. Double tap the desired camera to open it full screen.
3. Tap the speaker icon to broadcast the desired audio.
4. You should hear the audio being played through the speaker.
Note: If you want to use IP Audio Transmit Device read this article