Follow these steps to import your Google Classroom courses into Writable. By importing Google Classroom rosters teachers can assign to the Google Classroom stream and pass grades to their Google gradebook.
❗ Note: You'll want to be sure your Writable account is linked to Google in order to link to Google Classroom.
1. Log into your Writable account and click 'Classes' in the navigation bar.
2. Click the 'Import Google Classes' button. If you do not see this button, you will need to link your Google account to your Writable account with these steps.
❗ Note: If you see an error message when trying to import your Google Classes, your Google account may not be fully linked or the connection has timed out. Follow these steps to troubleshoot your account by logging out of Writable and logging back in via the Google Sign in.
3. If you are asked to confirm your Google connection, click 'Proceed' and then log in with your school Google credentials.
4. Check the box next to the classes you’d like to import and then click 'Import'.
Note: You may see inactive Google Classes in your import list. You can choose not to import these classes. If inactive classes are imported to Writable, they will show in the 'Inactive in LMS' section of the Classes page and will not be available when assigning to your classes.
5. Once you've imported your classes, you can click the class to expand your roster. Note that students listed in light gray have not yet created their Writable accounts. They will show as active once they log in to Writable with their Google credentials.