To better support students, especially during times of virtual learning, you can record a video of yourself speaking to your students inside any Writable prompt.
Watch our video overview of this feature or continue reading below for step-by-step instructions.
Use Video Instruction to record a video of up to 5 minutes to:
Teach a mini-lesson
Demonstrate a strategy
Reinforce a skill
Motivate & engage your students
Send a reminder
'Video Instruction' videos are easy to record and add to any video prompt. No additional video service or uploading is required.
To add a video to your prompt, you will need a camera on your computer. This would be the same type of camera that you'd use to show your face to students on a Zoom or Google Meet video call.
1. Once you have selected and edited your assignment go to the 'Edit' button on 'My Assignments':
2. On the Edit Assignment screen, click 'Add Video Instruction':
3. When ready, click the red dot to begin recording. Don't worry! You can always Cancel and record again:
4. During recording, the red dot will turn to a red rectangle and you can click 'Save Video' when you are done. A maximum of 5 minutes is allowed.
5. When you return to your Editing screen, your video will appear here. You can preview what it looks like for your students anytime:
6. To delete your video and record a new one, just click the 'X':
7. Students will see the video in their assignment like this:
Note: You can also add videos for your students from YouTube. See this article for those instructions.