You can link contacts that have a relationship of health care provider to the health information in your Backpack. This is a good way to track things like which doctor is treating a particular condition, prescribed a medication, or conducted a procedure.
You’ll have the option to either attach saved provider contacts if you have any, or to create a new one.
To attach a provider to a health entry:
- Select the item you’d like to attach a provider contact to from your or your loved one’s Health Info. (Note: If it’s a Lab, Measurement, or Genetic Result, you’ll also need to select the specific occurrence.)
- Select to Attach a provider.
- If you don’t have any providers saved, you’ll be taken to where you can create a new contact that will then be attached. If you do have provider contacts saved, you can either choose from them and then select the checkmark button on the top right, or you can use the Create new contact button ⨁ to create a new provider contact as an attachment.
Tip: You can attach multiple providers at once if they’re already saved in your Backpack.
To remove a provider from a health entry:
- Open the item from your or your loved one’s Health Info you want to remove the provider from. (Note: If it’s a Lab, Measurement, or Genetic Result, you’ll also need to select the specific occurrence.)
- Select the red ⦵button to the right of the provider’s name, and they’ll be removed (but not deleted).