Note: This feature is currently available on iPhone only. It’s not available on iPad, Android phones/tablets, or any other devices – yet. Stay tuned!
Be prepared by giving first responders and other health professionals instant access to your Emergency Share Card from your phone’s lock screen. That way, your critical health info will be there for you when you need it most, and when you might not be able to speak for yourself. You can create a wallpaper image with:
- A scannable QR code that goes directly to your Emergency Share Card
- Your Emergency Share Card URL + Access Code
- Whatever picture you choose!
Create & Set Your Wallpaper Image
To make your Emergency Share Card information available from your phone’s wallpaper and/or lock screen:
- Select Share Cards from the Main Menu.
- Open your Emergency Share Card.
- Tap Create Emergency wallpaper with URL and QR code.
- You’ll be prompted with a request for Backpack’s permission to access to your photos, if you haven’t granted it already. Tap OK to proceed.
- Choose the image you’d like to use from your Photo Library.
- Move and scale the image so it looks just right.
- Tap Save in the top right corner.
- Exit the Backpack Health app.
- Open your phone’s Settings and then select Wallpaper.
- Tap Choose a New Wallpaper and select the new image you created from your Photo Library.
- Pinch and zoom to adjust your wallpaper – make sure the image is scaled so that the whole URL and QR code fit on your screen.
- Tap Set, then Set as Lock Screen.
Whether they scan the QR code or go to the URL, anyone with access will be able to view your Emergency Share Card in all of Backpack Health’s supported languages. So add your most important information to the card, keep it up-to-date, and roam free!
Note: If you decline or previously declined Backpack permission to access your photos, you’ll have to grant the app permission before you can create a wallpaper image. Go to your phone’s Settings > Backpack app > Photos and change the permission to Read and Write.
Replace Your Wallpaper Image
If you decide you don’t want to provide access to your Emergency Share Card on your wallpaper anymore, or if you need to update your wallpaper after changing your Share Card URL Access Code, it’s easy to replace it with another image from your Photo Library.
- Open your phone’s Settings and select Wallpaper.
- Tap Choose a New Wallpaper and select the image you’d like to use.
- Tap Set, then tap Set as Wallpaper/Lock Screen/Both.