To share access to a loved one’s information, first open up their profile in your Backpack. You’ll want to make sure you are in their Backpack before sharing access. Select your profile photo or your initials in the top right corner to confirm.
Once you have opened the correct person, to share access:
- Select Access from the main menu.
- Select Invite someone to share access and enter the email address of a new co-owner.
- You will now see a Pending invitation in your loved one's profile under Access.
Once your co-owner accepts the invitation, they will have full access to that person's information. If they don’t already have an account with Backpack Health, they will be asked to sign up.
Once they accept your invitation, they will have the same access you do and you cannot remove their access.
Removing Access & Ownership
To remove yourself as the owner of an additional profile:
- Open the Backpack of the person you would like to remove your access to.
- Select Access from the main menu
- Select Remove me as an owner. This will remove the profile from your Backpack but not delete it from the system.
- Confirm to relinquish your access and ownership.
Deleting an Additional Profile
You can delete an additional profile as long as you are not sharing access with anyone else. If you are, request that everyone shared with that person remove their access before following these steps.
- Select ACCESS in your loved one's profile.
- Confirm that there are no shared users. If there are, ask them to delete their access.
- Select Delete this profile.
- Confirm your actions to delete the profile and all of it’s data.