Follow these simple steps to get your first upsell live and shown to your customers.
The text below includes all details and fields description, but you can also watch a super quick 1-minute video tutorial showing the upsell set up and in action.
➡️ Step 1 – Select your upsell offer
Once the app is installed the first page you will see is the upsell offer selection with the title Fill Up Your Candy Rack.
Below are listed all available upsell offers from which you can select:
- Smart Auto-Upsell – For upselling existing products from your product catalog which are chosen automatically based on the smart recommendations AI. Learn more.
- Product Upsell – For upselling any existing products from your product catalog.
- Gift Packaging (service upsell) – For upselling premium gift packaging service. Please note the service fulfilment is up to you.
- Extended Warranty (service upsell) – For upselling extended warranty. Please note the service fulfilment is up to you.
- Premium Email Support (service upsell) – For upselling premium (email) support. Please note the service fulfilment is up to you.
- Custom Offer (service upsell) – For upselling any customer service you can think of.
Once you decide which one is the right for your store, just click on the Customize button to set it up.
If you don't see these options, simply click on the New Upsell button which is located at the top-right corner of the app. Just make sure you are on the Dashboard page.
➡️ Step 2.1 – Set upsell product
At the top of the upsell settings you can enter Upsell Name which is used for your internal reference only. You can also leave as is and use the predefined one.
In the Upsell Configuration section you need to select a product which you want to upsell. That means a product which will be displayed on the upsell pop-up as an additional offer.
Click on the Select upsell product and find an existing product in your product catalog. Please note the product needs to be in stock and published on your online store, otherwise it won't be displayed.
In the Description you can add a custom text which will appear below the product on the pop-up. Typically you can use it to motivate customers to add the product to their cart.
If you check Apply discount on this product you can add percentage or absolute volume discount. Please note for discounting we are using discount coupons which are automatically inserted during the checkout. Since Shopify platform allows only a single use of any discount coupon, your other discount coupons unfortunately won't work.
In the Preview on the right side you can review how will your upsell appear on the pop-up.
In the Advanced configuration you can adjust following settings.
Using Upsell Position you can control the upsell position on the pop-up in case of multiple upsells. For example you are upselling 4 products on the pop-up and you want to order them. The one with the lowest number will be displayed in the first row, the second lowest number in the second row, etc.
Check Remove parent product when upsell product is added if you want to replace the parent product when customer adds upsell product to the cart. This is also known as true upsell or upgrade.
Check Remove upsell product when parent product is removed if you would like to remove the upsell product from the cart when the parent product is removed.
Check Match Parent Product's Quantity if you want to match the number of upsells products quantity with the parent product's. For example, if customer is buying 3 phones, you should offer 3 extended warranties for each.
In the Price Range you can set the price limit when the upsell should appear. For example you can target products which costs more than $50 or from $10 to $100.
➡️ Step 2.2 – Set upsell targeting
In the last section called Targeting you need to select when do you want this upsell to be displayed.
You can target combination of specific collections or products. By default All Products are selected.
➡️ Step 3 – Save and activate the upsell offer
Now just click on the Save and Activate button at the right-bottom part of the page. And that's it, your upsell offer is now live. Congratulations!
To add more products/services on the pop-up simply create a new upsell offer and use the same targeting.
➡️ Step 4 – Test the upsell offer on the live site
As a last step we recommend to go on your site and check the upsell pop-up yourself. Simply go to any product page based on your targeting settings, wait a couple of seconds till it's fully loaded and click on the Add to Cart button.
Based on the number of upsell offers, your pop-up should look like this:
➡️ Additional Actions
- To add more upsell products on the same pop-up simply create a new upsell and use the same targeting. You can combine both products and services offers.
- Go to app Settings in the top menu and customize (or localize) the pop-up texts, colors or even add a custom CSS code. Learn more about customizing the visual style of your pop-up.
Your Digismoothie Team