- From the Dashboard, click Sales
- Click Invoices
- Enter the appropriate start and end dates
- Under Status, click Unpaid
- Click Filter
At this point notice the Page 1 of X in the upper-right corner
6. Click the check box next to Status
At this point notice the Page 1 of X in the upper-right corner is gone
7. Click the Send to Customer or Bulk Print button
8. If you clicked Send to Customer you'll see the Email delivery in progress dialog
Note You won't get an "Are you sure you want to do this" dialog box so you better
be sure you want to do this because when you click Send to Customer, it sends!
9. If you clicked Bulk Print, go to your downloads folder, you'll see a Documents.pdf
file. This is your bulk print.
10. Open the PDF file and print it to your printer
To go to the next page
- Clear the check box to the left of the Status column
- Page 1 of X in the upper-right corner returns
- Click the greater-than symbol > to go to the next page
- Repeat starting with step 6 above
Tip If you have duplex printing enabled (printing on both sides of the page), disable
it to avoid printing two invoices to two different customers on one sheet of paper.
To print or email overdue invoices:
Start with step 4, click Overdue, and proceed through to step 10.
Updated, January 2018
Article ID: 0020