If you are having trouble connecting or re-connecting the Lief device with the Lief App, the following are some recommendations that will fix most cases. If these do not resolve your issue, please reach out to us using the chat function in the lower right hand corner.
1 Lief device charged?
Please see Charging your Lief and How to Check Lief's Charge.
2 Location Services enabled?
-Allow Location Services to be turned on during the Lief app's onboarding. It’s an Apple quirk that Bluetooth actually uses location to physically help locate devices on the iPhone. Read this Apple Help Article for more information on turning on Location Services.
3 Lief on your body?
- Lief must be on the body to connect with Bluetooth
- If you previously placed your Lief in "Airplane Mode" from within the Lief App's Settings, taking the Lief off your body for 10 seconds will reset the Bluetooth back to normal operation.
- Does the Lief buzz once when you place it on your body (an easy test without actually putting on your body is to place your two opposing thumbs on the left and right metal sockets), indicating it knows it's on your body?
4 Device compatibility?
– Operating System iOS 9.0 or newer
– iPhone 4S (but not iPhone 4), iPhone 5 or newer
– iPad 3rd generation or newer, iPad mini original or newer, iPad Air original or newer
5 Bluetooth enabled?
- Many issues can be resolved by going to iOS Settings -> Bluetooth and toggling the Bluetooth radio off and on again. Sometime a phone power off -> power on cycle will do the trick.
6 Bluetooth connected directly through Lief app?
- Make sure the Lief device is only connected directly from the Lief App. Don't try to connect through iOS Bluetooth settings, or it could cause problems.
7 More troubleshooting
- If Lief device was previously connected to another nearby phone, and you haven't made that phone "forget" the Lief, the Lief App on that other phone will still try to re-connect to the Lief whenever it is nearby. You can make the Lief App on the other phone "forget" your Lief device by navigating to Lief App "Settings -> Pairing" and clicking on the connected Lief device to disconnect.
- Force close the Lief app (double click iPhone home button, then swipe up on the Lief app to force close it). Now re-open Lief App and try to reconnect.
- If all of these methods fail, uninstall the Lief App and re-install.
If you require additional support, please reach out to us using the chat function in the lower right hand corner.