As a manager you can enable badges when you're setting up a new activation. To find out more about badges take a look at our article Overview of badges.
You can choose whether to offer a badge or not for each activation. Note that badges need to be enabled when the course is first activated. You can't add a badge to a currently active course.
- When activating your course select the Badge tab.
- Select Yes to enable badges and Reward learners with a badge for the course.
- Badge Name - This defaults to the course name but can be edited.
- Badge Meaning - Here you can provide more detail about your badge.
- Badge awarding
Badges will be automatically awarded when learners:
* Achieve 100% course progress
* Pass any Competency Quizzes in this course (This additional check box will only show for courses created using activities and assessment rather than our new tasks).
- Require manual awarding
In addition, you can require that a badge will not be awarded to a learner until a facilitator has manually awarded it. The badge will then be “ready to award” when the learner meets that badge criteria. This can be useful where learning takes place outside of iQualify (for example a workshop), or where a facilitator’s judgement is required (for example completion of a case study assessment).
- Badge Style - Here you can choose which of the badge images you want to use.
- Badge expiration - Here you can choose from the following options:
- Never - The badge never expires. This is the default setting.
- On a specific date - Select a specific date from the date picker.
- In a time frame - This allows you to select a relative time period after the badge has been awarded to the learner. For example, my organisation issues a health and safety badge that must be renewed every year. In this instance I would select 1 year after being awarded.
Once badge criteria has been met, learners will receive a notification and can view their badge on their course overview. They can then request endorsements of their badge and share it online.
Other articles you may find useful:
How to customise your badge style
Quick start guide for Managers